This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Alastair gives KCB a good review

I spotted this in the Times, and thought I'd share it with all of you, since it's a generally positive review and has a photo of an exceptionally cute red-headed dancer. Here is the link.

By contrast, the ballet is finest and most original in several places where the plot has challenged Mr. Yeston and Mr. Whitener to find a dance equivalent. Act I starts with the famous fence-painting scene, an engaging male pas de trois for Tom’s friends (successfully individualized). Town, schoolroom, church are all clearly delineated (helped by Walt Spangler’s economical but evocative décor, with the barest wooden framework for each building descending on cue, and Holly Hynes’s costumes). The Act III courtroom scene, which should be so dance-hostile, is made vivid by effects of grouping and gesture.

I spotted this in the Times, and thought I'd share it with all of you, since it's a generally positive review and has a photo of an exceptionally cute red-headed dancer. Here is the link.

Thank you for posting the review Violin Concerto and what a great review from Mr.Macaulay.

Everyone at KCB must be thrilled especially the 20 year old Alexander Peters a former recipient of a Princess Grace Award and trained at Pensyvania's Allegheny Ballet before attending SAB’s Summer Course in 2006 and 2007 and enrolling as a full-time student in September 2007. Mr. Peters attended a Summer apprentice course in Copenhagen as part of the Danish American National Cultural Exchange and last year he received Mae L. Wien Award for Outstanding Promise.

PS

As a redhead, I always like to see the occasional red-head doing well on stage.

PS

As a redhead, I always like to see the occasional red-head doing well on stage.

Be still my heart!

Did you ever see Richard Marsden? He was in NYCB quite a while back, his parents were ballet dancers, and he was featured on a book cover about a young man in ballet. He was a delightful dancer. And a redhead!