This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

I am copying this from the La Scala forum's thread on the RAYMONDA-1898 production, as this announced a live-deferred telecast (both tv & online) this coming Thursday, October 27. I didn't want it to be buried in a company thread.

Here's a bit more news from RAI5 about the October 27 telecast of the 1898 RAYMONDA from La Scala:

http://www.rai5.rai....2c-6042c56f3278

Rough translation of key bits:

This is a 'direct deferred (delayed)' transmission. As many of you may have noticed, the telecast begins to transmit at 21:30, which is 9:30pm local Milan time...obviously well past the actual ballet's starting time of 7pm. There will be a 2.5-hr delay but, not to worry -- the entire ballet will be shown.

Former La Scala prima ballerina, Luciana Savignano, and Kledi Kadiu will emcee the introduction and intervals.

Novikova and Vogel will be the leading dancers. Mikhail Jurowski conducts the orchestra.

Caution: Internet viewers will be prompted to install "Microsoft Silverlight" on their computers. You might want to take care of this ahead of time, if you do not currently have Silverlight.

p.s. This Time-Zones website may be handy:

http://www.timezonec...cgi-bin/tzc.tzc

Thanks for the heads up about the video trailer--just makes me all the more eager to see this. I can never get over Vsevolozhsky's colourful costume designs (here and in Sleeping Beauty) particularly his love for the asymetrically designed tights on some of the men. I also particularly love the set for Act II.

12 hours to go! I hope I'll be able to at least catch some of it online. I'm hoping I'll be able to access it in Canada. I just tried and it said this program isn't available in my country, but it was Letterman (in Italian, I assume), so hoopefully LaScala will be fine.

Oooo, this is my fear Eric - that it might be 'geoblocked' - and that RAI5 will be able to tell by one's IP address where the viewer is residing. That usually happens with sporting events, e.g., during an Olympics, Americans are 'geoblocked' from watching live-streaming competitions that originate from non-US portals because of the IOC's agreements with NBC. (Boo!)

Hopefully that will not be the case today with a ballet, which is hardly a 'commercial' event like Olympics or sports in general. All we can do is try. (Also, perhaps an internet-savvy 'angel' in Italy may set-up a "justin.tv" alternate-streaming site? If somebody here learns about a "justin.tv" stream of Raymonda, please pass along the URL, just in case we, who do not live in Italy, are geoblocked. I don't know how this is done; lots of figure skating fans do know how to set these up via http://www.justin.tv/)

Let's hope for the best with positive thoughts. :thumbsup:

EDITED TO ADD: SORRY if you are geoblocked in your country. A lot of people who have 'tested' the RAI5 channel this morning are. Sorry for the 'hope.' I honestly didn't think that something like this (non-commercial) would be 'geoblocked' in North America. Well, there's always the hope for a DVD. :)

(Also, perhaps an internet-savvy 'angel' in Italy may set-up a "justin.tv" alternate-streaming site? If somebody here learns about a "justin.tv" stream of Raymonda, please pass along the URL, just in case we, who do not live in Italy, are geoblocked. I don't know how this is done; lots of figure skating fans do know how to set these up via http://www.justin.tv/)

I live in Italy, but I'm not that internet savvy. I checked justin.tv and created an account, but I'm not sure of what I have to do now. Anyway tonight (after 9.30pm Italy time) I'll let you know if I manage to come up with something! Let's hope you don't need it! :beg:

No - The message is in English "Sorry, This content is reserved

to the users in the Italian country." I would have enjoyed watching

David Letterman too. Well, La Scala has put out some fine DVDs -

surely they'll release this.

I am in italy and i cant get it to work. i get 14 seconds into a commercial and it freezes. It is true my connection isn't very good but that 14 seconds plays fine. Then nothing.

Ugh

I am in italy and i cant get it to work. i get 14 seconds into a commercial and it freezes. It is true my connection isn't very good but that 14 seconds plays fine. Then nothing.

Ugh

Yes, I'm in Italy too. It's not a problem of connection, after the commercial it simply says they are not showing this programme online. I suppose they are showing it only on DTT on a channel that doesn't yet cover the whole country. Very well, so we will ALL have to buy the DVD I guess!

I'm disappointed I was looking forward to it. :wallbash:

Awww I had a bad feeling--it looks like they block access to ALL their content--I was hoping local programming they owned would be fine. I've been trying proxy sites and other attempts, but so far no luck. If anyone finds a way to make it work I hope they can let us know! I'll be getting the DVD anyway (they better release it!), but was really looking forward to this and not watching next year.

And Natalia, don't feel bad for raising any false hope--it's exciting to know we WILL get to see it!

Sigh. Although I suppose that ad was for the TV broadcast, not whether it was streamed or not.

You're right EricHG31 that was just about the tv broadcast. Still I'm writing to these people and complain about it. I'm an Italian taxpayer and I pay Rai a lot of money every year so I expect to be able to see what I pay for. Since this channel doesn't reach the whole country yet they should at leat have showed it in streaming. :mad:

Luckily today there's the Bolshoi Gala.... :)