This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Hello from Los Angeles Ballet

MikaelBallet

Hello Ballet Alert!

My name is Mikael Taylor, and I am the Director of Sales at Los Angeles Ballet. The company is entering its sixth season, which means we are obviously still very new.

Los Angeles Ballet has been around since its inception in 2006. This season, the company will be performing The Nutcracker, Swan Lake, and NEXTWaveLA (a combination of choreographic works by dance artists Sonya Tayeh, Stacey Tookey, Josie Walsh, and one other still TBA). I have personally only been with the company for the past two years, which means there is a lot I have to learn.

I am looking forward to being a part of the Ballet Alert world to learn more about the art form and what other companies and dancers are doing within the art form. I already learned and heard of some great things other companies are doing by reading through a few posts, and I am sure there will only be more of that in the future!

Thanks for providing such a great resource!

Thank you for that terrific introduction and especially for your generous praise, Mikael Ballet.

I have been impressed by the ambition of the Los Angeles Ballet. As one who remembers Colleen Neary as a dancer, I've taken a particular interest in its progress. I wish the whole enterprise the best of luck.

Welcome to BalletAlert! You're in an interesting situation, where you're learning both from within and outside the workings of the ballet world at the same time. I hope you'll join in the discussions.