This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

2011-12 Season

I was looking at the BRB's 2011-12 season and -- wow -- they sure perform a lot of Ashton. Symphonic Variations (October), Daphnis and Chloe (February-March), The Two Pigeons (February-March) and The Dream (June) -- has BRB become the true home of Ashton in this world???

I think it's swings and roundabouts. A couple of years ago we had lots of Balanchine and now we've got lots of Ashton, not to mention works galore by David Bintley (Hobson's Choice is a particular meisterwork IMHO) and other choreographers. Fans of BRB are very lucky bunnies!

I've just seen three performances of BRB's Autumn Glory comprising de Valois' Checkmate, Ashton's sublime Symphonic Variations and Cranko's Pineapple Poll. It was a real blast of the company's heritage.

All the performances were excellent but Friday evening's Symphonic Variations was truly outstanding. The dancers were: Natasha Oughtred, Nao Sakuma, Elisha Willis, Joe Caley, Chi Cao and Cesar Morales. It was sheer bliss to watch.

I was looking at the BRB's 2011-12 season and -- wow -- they sure perform a lot of Ashton. Symphonic Variations (October), Daphnis and Chloe (February-March), The Two Pigeons (February-March) and The Dream (June) -- has BRB become the true home of Ashton in this world???

The programme for BRB at the London Coliseum "Spring Passions" iis 13th & 14th March 2012 (3 performances only) will

be Daphnis and Chloe and Le Deux Pigeons.

Thursday 15th to Sunday 18th March Coppelia (5 performances only.)

The programme for BRB at the London Coliseum "Spring Passions" iis 13th & 14th March 2012 (3 performances only) will

be Daphnis and Chloe and Le Deux Pigeons.

Thursday 15th to Sunday 18th March Coppelia (5 performances only.)

I've already got my tickets (and some for Birmingham)!