This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Hello from Diablo Ballet

Hello Ballet Alert!

I'm Dan Meagher, Director of Marketing for Diablo Ballet in Walnut Creek, CA. Even though I've been with the company for 2 years, for some strange reason, I have never join Ballet Alert. I know...what took so long! LOL

Now, I'm all set up and ready to talk ballet. Lots of great things are happening with Diablo Ballet. Our 18th season starts this November with a world premiere ballet by Val Caniparoli plus a West Coast premiere by Dominic Walsh (of the Dominic Walsh Dance Company). We are in the third year of our popular "Inside the Dancer's Studio" series where our audience in the act. A few new dancers join our roster this year, including Robert Dekkers, founder of Post:Ballet in San Francisco.

We're also big on audience engagement (the industry buzzword!) with a new talk series at the Walnut Creek Library, “Angelina Ballerina” story times at local libraries, as well as post show "coffee talks" where audience members can come and talk one-on-one with our dancers and artistic staff. Heck, we've also started a kid's club which currently has over 300 youth members since it started last October!

Like many dance companies, Diablo Ballet has had to reinvent itself over the past few years. But the company has come out stronger with the great support of our audiences and the community.

I look forward to talking and sharing with all the great dance fans on Ballet Alert. Thanks!

Dan Meagher

Director of Marketing

Diablo Ballet

www.DiabloBallet.org

Welcome, Diablo!

It sounds like the company is in high gear with a lot of outreach. I know that the company's gone through some very rocky times. It's probably, like so many these days, drawing on every resource to strengthen its relationship with its audience and nurture new audiences.

I wish you all an exciting and gratifying 2011-2012 season!