This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

RB-Ashton Mixed Bill on Opus Arte

Opus Arte will be releasing a mixed bill of Ashton works, including Les Patineurs from a couple of years ago (with Stephen McRae!) + portions of the 'Ashton Celebration Gala' from 2004('Scenes de Ballet' and the Divertissements); alas, no Daphnis and Chloe, which was also part of the '04 Ashton Celeb telecast.

http://www.opusarte.com/en/ashton-les-patineurs-divertissement-scenes-de-ballet-royal-opera-house.html

Expected release in Europe in Nov 1, 2011, so the US release shouldn't be more than a month or so after that, if the usual pattern prevails.

the LES PATINEURS slated for release was filmed, if i understood Ross MacGibbon, who's involved in these filmings, when i chatted briefly with him in London in early January this year, the performances were filmed at the ROH in either late December, 2010, or early January, '11.

the staging recently performed by the Royal Ballet - on a bill with THE TALES OF BEATRIX POTTER - was complete and i can't imagine the filming cut it, so i'd assume the video release will include the complete ballet.

i saw the bill at the ROH in January but didn't see McRae who had previously danced the Blue Skater and who led the perf. that was filmed, as far as i can tell.