This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

RB-Ashton Mixed Bill on Opus ArteLes Patineurs, etc.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,421 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 09:44 AM

Opus Arte will be releasing a mixed bill of Ashton works, including Les Patineurs from a couple of years ago (with Stephen McRae!) + portions of the 'Ashton Celebration Gala' from 2004('Scenes de Ballet' and the Divertissements); alas, no Daphnis and Chloe, which was also part of the '04 Ashton Celeb telecast.

http://www.opusarte....pera-house.html

Expected release in Europe in Nov 1, 2011, so the US release shouldn't be more than a month or so after that, if the usual pattern prevails.

#2 rg

rg

Emeralds Circle

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 12:27 PM

the LES PATINEURS slated for release was filmed, if i understood Ross MacGibbon, who's involved in these filmings, when i chatted briefly with him in London in early January this year, the performances were filmed at the ROH in either late December, 2010, or early January, '11.

#3 atm711

atm711

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 05:34 AM

Is it the complete Patineurs?

#4 rg

rg

Emeralds Circle

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,461 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:25 AM

the staging recently performed by the Royal Ballet - on a bill with THE TALES OF BEATRIX POTTER - was complete and i can't imagine the filming cut it, so i'd assume the video release will include the complete ballet.
i saw the bill at the ROH in January but didn't see McRae who had previously danced the Blue Skater and who led the perf. that was filmed, as far as i can tell.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):