This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

1st Beijing International Ballet & Choreography Competiton

This is the CCTV video of 1st Beijing International Ballet and Choreography Competition closing ceremony(except) At the 48.03 mark Olga Smirnova, current boshoi soloist and Semun Chudin are seen in Grand Pas Classique. The video also incudes Yuan Yuan Tan in Lady of the Camilieas.

http://yue.cntv.cn/nettv/yinyue/special/C27612/classpage/video/20110926/100061.shtml

The video shows a few seconds of advertisement signs and no ballet. How do you play the ballet video?

Please just wait, from 02:20, the documentary start. Or, use mouse press on the button, move to any point you wish, the button will not go with the mouse, but give 3 seconds, it will jumpt to where the mouse stop. Hope it help.

06:34 D.Q.PDD Zhan Xinlu/Ma Xiaodong

16:33 La Dame aux Camelias PDD Yuan Yuan Tan/Edvin Revazov

26:17 Black Swan PDD Maria Seletskaja/Stanislav Jermakov

38:57 Carmen PDD Wang Qimin/Li Jun

48:03 Grand Pas Classique PDD Olga Smirnova/Semyon Chudin

Please just wait, from 02:20, the documentary start. Or, use mouse press on the button, move to any point you wish, the button will not go with the mouse, but give 3 seconds, it will jumpt to where the mouse stop. Hope it help.

06:34 D.Q.PDD Zhan Xinlu/Ma Xiaodong

16:33 La Dame aux Camelias PDD Yuan Yuan Tan/Edvin Revazov

26:17 Black Swan PDD Maria Seletskaja/Stanislav Jermakov

38:57 Carmen PDD Wang Qimin/Li Jun

48:03 Grand Pas Classique PDD Olga Smirnova/Semyon Chudin

It only says loading and then stops. It never allows me to move the counter past 0 minutes 0 seconds.

Please try to click on the site from your first message and see what it does. It does nothing for me.

It works no problem for me so really don't understand. Hope there's someone else could try, see if it works.

I upload part of the short behind-scene docu from the video:

I upload the PDD Olga Smirnova/Semyon Chudin:

Thanks so much for all the people ever upload videos shared with us. I only understand it need lots of work download/upload video till I try to do it.

It worked for me too. I especially love Wang Qimin as Carmen; she may be tiny but she has loads of character! :) Thanks for posting, mumwang.

It does not work for me and I have tried it many time sin both Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. It says loading then stops and has writing in Chinese which I cannot read. I tried it on a 2nd computer and also nothing. It never showed any length other than 0 minutes 0 seconds. What did you do to see even one second of the video? please go into detail sinc eI get nothing and I have very fast internet connection speed.

It does not work for me and I have tried it many time sin both Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. It says loading then stops and has writing in Chinese which I cannot read. I tried it on a 2nd computer and also nothing. It never showed any length other than 0 minutes 0 seconds. What did you do to see even one second of the video? please go into detail sinc eI get nothing and I have very fast internet connection speed.

The writing simply says that it had trouble downloading the content from the server. It may be that downloads are restricted by country, or that something in your browser (such as extensions blocking ads) may be interfering with streaming. Thanks to mumwang for uploading some of the content to Youtube.

The writing simply says that it had trouble downloading the content from the server. It may be that downloads are restricted by country, or that something in your browser (such as extensions blocking ads) may be interfering with streaming. Thanks to mumwang for uploading some of the content to Youtube.

Thank you for your logical explanation

I am watching the hour-long broadcast right now and am blown away by the talent! Thank you so much for posting the links. This is such a pleasure to see!

Maria Seletskaja, originally from the Estonian National Ballet (from where she went to Malachov's Berlin Ballet) is coming up in a couple of minutes - can't wait to see her!

Sorry for dragging up this old thread, but I've only just seen it in a Google search and I'd have PMed mumwang if I could. mumwang, could you upload Yuan Yuan Tan's segment of the CCTV video onto YouTube, or at least tell me how to do it if you're unable to? As a big fan of Ms. Tan, I believe that this performance of the 'Lady of the Camellias' pdd represents a new dramatic high for her and should be more widely seen. I've tried to capture the video stream via various software but have been unable to do so.

And since I've brought up Ms. Tan, are there any clips of her performances with SFB floating around? I've already seen SFB's broadcasts of 'Othello', 'The Little Mermaid', and 'The Nutcracker', and these just leave me wanting more! As I'm a non-U.S. resident, it's unlikely that I'll ever make it to San Francisco to watch SFB live. From the various multimedia on their website, it's obvious that SFB films entire productions, so is there any way that we can see more than just snippets? I'd be willing to pay to watch whole performances.

Thanks a lot for those clips, mumwang - I had seen them already. Both are beautiful performances (as we've come to expect from Ms. Tan), but the reason why I'd like her Lady of the Camellias pdd to be more widely seen is because I think it represents a breakthrough of sorts for her - I've never seen her give a more passionate performance aside from her work in The Little Mermaid. Granted, I've never seen her live so I'm basing my opinion solely on what I've seen of her work online.

Which brings me to another thing - it is so hard being a fan of Ms. Tan (and many other dancers) when you have never, and probably never will, see them live! You only get to see snatches of their magic through the Internet or television, and they just captivate you and leave you wanting more. In the case of Ms. Tan, I know that many of her performances at SFB have been filmed based on snippets I've seen online - if only there was a way to gain access to the whole performances!

I've seen a clip of her dancing as Esmeralda (which may or may not have been at SFB) on a talk show as well - she looked absolutely wonderful in it and I'm sure the entire thing must've been filmed so maybe one day some kind Chinese fan will put it up for us all to see.