43 replies to this topic

#16 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,396 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 08:22 AM

Bayadere: Vishneva-as-Nikiya with Osipova-as-Gamzatti should be a Catfight Made in Heaven. I must reserve my Megabus ticket for this one!

#17 puppytreats

puppytreats

Gold Circle

• Inactive Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 12:43 PM

I was justed told by the Met that if I want a subscription, my request for a particular seat is given to a seating committee. How does that work? In truth, I prefer to buy individual tickets, but I want priority in seat selection and performance selection, as well as any available discount, so I was planning to buy a subscription and then exchange certain tickets, while keeping others in the subscription. Last year, I obtained front row tickets for three individual performances, which is where I prefer to sit. I want to go to at least five and maybe eight performances. I need an advanced degree for this analysis, and spreadsheet creation training... maybe a glass of wine... and a heavy dose of patience. Can I hire anyone on BA for this project? :<

#18 MakarovaFan

MakarovaFan

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 06:26 PM

Bayadere: Vishneva-as-Nikiya with Osipova-as-Gamzatti should be a Catfight Made in Heaven. I must reserve my Megabus ticket for this one!

Definitely, Natalia! I must see the Vishneva-Osipova showdown. Posted Image

#19 Barbara

Barbara

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 07:06 AM

Puppytreats, I feel your pain - every year I say it's like a Rubik's Cube trying to put together the best Met season I can. Welcome to the club.

#20 cobweb

cobweb

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 09:52 PM

... every year I say it's like a Rubik's Cube trying to put together the best Met season I can. Welcome to the club.

Not to mention trying to coordinate with what nights I'll want to be at NYCB! Last spring/summer, with all the visiting companies, was a particular logistical nightmare. There has to be a better way! I wish the companies would make their schedules available in a subscribable i-Cal calendar. It would be great to be able to import each company's schedule and overlay it all so you can see what's going on each night.

#21 spinning2night

spinning2night

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 11:47 AM

The missing performance info for Sat July 7 at 8 PM has now been added to the ABT calendar. I guess they are reading this board.

Maybe, that will be Ethan's ABT farewell performance?

if it is Ethan's farewell, couldn't think of a better cast/ballet for it to be

Also, does anyone find it a little strange/scary that ABT is ending the MET season with Le Corsaire...not to get ahead of ourselves, but considering what happened last season with the men...(i'm going to refrain from actually finishing that thought)

#22 Birdsall

Birdsall

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:09 PM

The missing performance info for Sat July 7 at 8 PM has now been added to the ABT calendar. I guess they are reading this board.

Maybe, that will be Ethan's ABT farewell performance?

if it is Ethan's farewell, couldn't think of a better cast/ballet for it to be

Also, does anyone find it a little strange/scary that ABT is ending the MET season with Le Corsaire...not to get ahead of ourselves, but considering what happened last season with the men...(i'm going to refrain from actually finishing that thought)

spinning2night, what happened? I don't know about that!

#23 Birdsall

Birdsall

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,327 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 12:12 PM

I saw that too! Looks exciting!!! Giselle with Hallberg and Osipova should be exciting too!

#24 spinning2night

spinning2night

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 09:57 PM

spinning2night, what happened? I don't know about that!

there were a LOT of injuries last season. see the "ABT male principal problem" thread...ABT was left scrambling to find enough guest artists who could fill roles. So while that was definitely flukey that all of it happened in the same season, it still feels like ABT but all their eggs in a basket by putting Corsaire as the finale for the 2012 season

#25 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,676 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 02:10 PM

I noticed some additional casting info for the spring season. Apollo will be danced by Hallberg, Gomes and Max B. No info on the Muses, though. Has Gomes danced this role before?

#26 spinning2night

spinning2night

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:09 PM

i have a quick question for those of you who are in the NYC area and get to watch ABT on their "home stage"...
some of my friends and I are planning on visiting NYC this summer to catch up with some friends who are currently in the city. we briefly discussed that maybe we'd do a "girls night" with ballet and dinner, but since we wouldn't really be able commit to anything until pretty late (if not the week of). What performance times/days, regardless of the actual program, would get us the bargain (seat and price-wise)? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

#27 Waelsung

Waelsung

• PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:27 AM

Anybody know when single tickets for 2012 Met season go on sale?

Thanks in advance!

#28 California

California

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 02:19 AM

Single tickets go on sale April 1. You don't see this until you work through the purchase-subscription-single-ticket clicks. E.g.: http://www.metoperaf...n.aspx?id=11896

I understand that if you buy a subscription, you can buy additional single tickets now, but you can only pick a section, not a specific seat.

#29 Waelsung

Waelsung

• PipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:02 PM

Single tickets go on sale April 1. You don't see this until you work through the purchase-subscription-single-ticket clicks. E.g.: http://www.metoperaf...n.aspx?id=11896

I understand that if you buy a subscription, you can buy additional single tickets now, but you can only pick a section, not a specific seat.

Thanks! I swore off subscriptions and blind buys; am going to take my chances again this year and wait until I can see what seats I am actually buying.

#30 angelica

angelica

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 05:47 PM

Thanks! I swore off subscriptions and blind buys; am going to take my chances again this year and wait until I can see what seats I am actually buying.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):