This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

PNB Second Stage

PNB Second Stage program provides support for dancers during their careers to prepare for their second, post-ballet career.

Program co-founder Maria Chapman and retired PNB dancer Jordan Pacitti were interviewed yesterday on Seattle station KING; the video can be found here:

http://www.king5.com/new-day-northwest/Life-After-the-Ballet-129805313.html

The opening film clip is of Chapman dancing with newly retired dancer Jeffrey Stanton in the Second Movement of "Symphony in C", and a little into the interview, she dances with Stanton in "Emeralds".

Chapman is a Principal Dancer with the company, and since the inception of the program has taken classes through the PNB/Seattle University program through which Seattle U faculty teach on premises. She said she was in the arts management degree program that is part of this joint venture.

Pacitti created a fragrance line while he was still dancing and has expanded it greatly since he retired. Studio audience members were lucky to take home candles.

The link provides a written story, but I could find no video (even after various searches).

-------------------------------

I've been supporting Second Stage for many years now. Of all the contributions I give to various causes, the contributions I make to Second Stage give me the most satisfaction. That I can help in some small way by assisting the dancers to tackle the greatest sacrifice they've made for me (having to find a new career after the age of 40) is the best Thank You I can imagine.

If you are a member of the PNB audience and haven't thought of contributing to Second stage, I encourage you to do so. Contributions can be made by contacting:

Second Stage

c/o Pacific Northwest Ballet

301 Mercer St., Seattle, WA 98109

(Make checks payable to Pacific Northwest Ballet)

or

Contact Clare Hausmann: Giving@pnb.org | phone: 206.441.3593