4 replies to this topic

#1 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,020 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:24 AM

A Q&A with Katja Björner of Zhukov Dance Theatre by Allan Ulrich in The San Francisco Chronicle.

Q: You have worked with many outstanding choreographers. Which relationships did you find especially meaningful?

A: From my earlier years, I remember Rudi van Dantzig when he was running the Dutch National Ballet. He brought intensity, passion and experience to his work. Every detail was important to him. I danced his Juliet, and in rehearsals, he could see every single person in the room. For a young dancer, that was so important. I did William Forsythe's "Artifact Suite"; we worked for weeks and it was very physical, but for a dancer, this was also an intellectual adventure. And, of course, there's Mats Ek; he's very precise and pushes you in a good way. I have always been drawn to choreographies that have emotion and soul in them.

#2 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • 24,020 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:28 AM

A story in brief about the cocaine bust involving a shipment of ballet shoes.

Narcotics police arrested two Dominicans last week at the French capital's Charles de Gaulle airport in a sting operation and tracked down the shipment to an apartment in the east of Paris. Two other accomplices, also Dominicans, were arrested.

#3 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • 24,020 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:30 AM

An item in brief noting Ethan Stiefel's new job at the Royal New Zealand Ballet.

Born in Pennsylvania, he has family in New Zealand, including his grandmother who was born and raised here.

Fiancee Gillian Murphy has joined the Royal New Zealand Ballet as a principal dancer.

#4 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • 24,020 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:32 AM

The Bolshoi Opera and Ballet Theatre of Belarus kicks off its season.

16 graduates of the classical department of the choreographic school have joined the company of the Bolshoi Opera and Ballet Theatre this year. Now they daily receive master classes from Legend of the Soviet Ballet - Andris Liepa. It will stage two performances on our stage in November.

#5 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • 24,020 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:34 AM

A bomb threat at the National Academic Theater of Opera and Ballet in Yerevan turns out to be a false alarm.

At the scene of the accident two combat divisions were sent, the operational administration of rescue forces and the group of the crisis management center.

As a result of the investigatory operations conducted by the members of the National Security Service it was announced that no explosive device was found.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):