This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Dancing With the Stars - Season 13

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#46 Jayne

Jayne

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 11:28 PM

The rest of the chaff has been eliminated, so Nancy's slow progress really stood out. I think one of the biggest issues for her physically was lack of speed in movements for her last 3-4 dances.

I think the top 2 (JR and Ricki are as strong as other seasons' contenders, and certainly stronger than a few who have won), but spot 3 is a toss up between Hope and Rob. I expected Hope to go far, as most female athletes from sports requiring fast twitch muscle fibers tend to move well in dance. I never expected Rob to make it this far. But I expect Rob to make it to to the final 3 based on his sisters' extensive social networks, which Hope does not have. However, it may just depend on how they dance....and how Maks handles the pressure...will his temper explode and prevent Hope from progressing?

Here is an article from some experts on this style of dancing from NY Daily News:
http://www.nydailyne...rticle-1.974298

#47 Colleen Boresta

Colleen Boresta

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 06:31 AM

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought the bottom two for week 8 were Rob and Cheryl and Nancy and Tristan.

#48 miliosr

miliosr

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:25 AM

You're right Colleen Boresta -- it was Rob and Cheryl standing under the red lights of doom with Nancy and Tristan. It was a case of wishful thinking on my part making it into print! Posted Image

#49 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,407 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:03 PM

And both were not the bottom two: Tom Bergeron made this clear as they walked down the steps to get the decision. They often try to create drama by taking a couple that's doing fine and putting them in with the real couple at the bottom.

#50 Jayne

Jayne

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 04:36 PM

I didn't post last week, but I watched last night....

Rob Kardashian / Cheryl Burke turned in two strong performances with a lot of technique. I am most impressed by the improvement of Rob's arms. However, most improved doesn't not necessarily mean the best. Despite his sisters' networking, not sure he can win it. But I liked his free dance the most. Cheryl was correct that Rob excels in the slow dances, and going retro looked very good for him, especially the zoot suit!

Riki Lake / Derek Hough had the most underwhelming performances, she looked tight (not in a good way) while Derek was selling the choreo hard. They relaxed a bit for the free dance, but I felt the free tried to do too many things: multiple styles of dance, multiple complicated lifts, and flash. Bad song choices for both numbers.

JR Martinez / Karina Smirnoff had a nice cha-cha that didn't deserve 7's, but still got them. He also seemed a little nervous. But they picked an excellent free dance song to do some interesting lifts (I didn't like the danger factor, he could have done safer lifts and I would have liked them if they were smooth). He really is the best dancer on the floor of the contestants, and is at a higher level of dancing in the finals than Riki.

I felt like Riki peaked a couple of weeks ago, JR peaked last week, and Rob peaked this week. JR for the win, for sentimental war hero status combined with strong season-long dancing skills, and sentimental desire for Karina to finally win (she's come soooooo close!)

#51 Jayne

Jayne

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 891 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:02 PM

And JR wins - good to see Karina so excited!

#52 miliosr

miliosr

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 05:06 AM

And JR wins - good to see Karina so excited!

Good for her after being a regular since Season 3.

The final finishing order was:

1st -- JR/Karina
2nd -- Rob/Cheryl
3rd -- Ricki/Derek

Special mention has to go to Cheryl Burke who, once again, took a very unpromising contestant and got him all the way to the runner-up position. Yes, the Kardashians command a big voting bloc but I don't think that would have carried Rob quite so far if Cheryl hadn't worked a small miracle with him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):