This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Chroma

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,349 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 12:25 PM

Marc Haegeman just published this remarkable photo to Facebook from "Chroma":

Svetlana Lunkina

Here's the link to the "Chroma" page on "For Ballet Lovers Only":
http://www.for-balle...hroma-2011.html

Ekaterina Shipulina looks wonderful in these photos.

#2 PeggyR

PeggyR

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 06:19 PM

It's odd, but these wonderful pictures confirm something I've noticed before: I like photos of Chroma better than I like Chroma. :dunno:

Thanks for the links.

#3 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,349 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 10:12 PM

:lol:

#4 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,765 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:25 AM

I saw a blurb in the NY Times today announcing the upcoming season of the Alvin Ailey company.  They will perform Chroma during the 2013-14 season.  Does Chroma contain pointe work for the women?  I'm asking because Ailey is modern, and they don't do pointe work in any of their rep.(Some of their dancers do have ballet training.) 

#5 volcanohunter

volcanohunter

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:34 AM

No, Chroma is done in soft shoes. The first four photographs linked below show the Bolshoi performing the piece.

http://www.bolshoi.r...neactballets-2/

#6 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,765 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:36 AM

Thanks

#7 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,661 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:37 AM

I saw a blurb in the NY Times today announcing the upcoming season of the Alvin Ailey company.  They will perform Chroma during the 2013-14 season.  Does Chroma contain pointe work for the women?  I'm asking because Ailey is modern, and they don't do pointe work in any of their rep.(Some of their dancers do have ballet training.) 

I wonder if they'll be touring with this -- for those of us on the left coast, it would be a chance to see the work

#8 ksk04

ksk04

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:09 AM

I wonder if they'll be touring with this -- for those of us on the left coast, it would be a chance to see the work

I am hoping too, after SFB didn't bring it on tour with them as announced a few years ago.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):