This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Ballerina Among the Firefightersat Time Warner Center

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Eileen

Eileen

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 12:09 PM

The Time Warner Center at Columbus Circle, the mega-mall to be specific, has an installation of large photographs of firefighters and first responders commemorating 9/11 on the main floor. Surprisingly, there was Jenny Ringer, poised en pointe, among a group of firefighters! I'm not sure what the connection is, but she never looked more beautiful. I hope to see every one of her performances this season if I can. She has a special quality of womanliness which is unique in the company, which has its share of girls, soubrettes, tomboys and hoydens. Jenny has a special warmth, sensitivity, spirituality which is no longer fashionable, I'm afraid. She has the qualities of Margot Fonteyn, of an earlier era.

#2 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,497 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 11:03 PM

Jenny has a special warmth, sensitivity, spirituality which is no longer fashionable, I'm afraid. She has the qualities of Margot Fonteyn, of an earlier era.

Too true.

#3 justafan

justafan

• PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 03:30 PM

She has a special quality of womanliness which is unique in the company, which has its share of girls, soubrettes, tomboys and hoydens. Jenny has a special warmth, sensitivity, spirituality which is no longer fashionable, I'm afraid. She has the qualities of Margot Fonteyn, of an earlier era.

What's a hoyden, if I may ask?

#4 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 06:54 PM

Hi, justafan. Allow me to introduce you to Dictionary.com. A useful tool and always just a mouseclick or two away!

Thanks, Eileen, for the post.

#5 Eileen

Eileen

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 12:12 PM

Hi, justafan. Allow me to introduce you to Dictionary.com. A useful tool and always just a mouseclick or two away!

Thanks, Eileen, for the post.

According to Webster's New College Dictionary which I keep near my desk, a hoyden is a boisterous or high-spirited girl. Thank you Helene and Carbro, for your good words.

#6 justafan

justafan

• PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 02:57 PM

Thanks, Eileen

#7 Eileen

Eileen

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 08:05 AM

Jenny and her firefighter corps de ballet have been moved upstairs to the second floor for those who are looking.

#8 atm711

atm711

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 11:31 AM

Eileen--you must have been reading my mind :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):