This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Ballerina Among the Firefightersat Time Warner Center

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Eileen

Eileen

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 12:09 PM

The Time Warner Center at Columbus Circle, the mega-mall to be specific, has an installation of large photographs of firefighters and first responders commemorating 9/11 on the main floor. Surprisingly, there was Jenny Ringer, poised en pointe, among a group of firefighters! I'm not sure what the connection is, but she never looked more beautiful. I hope to see every one of her performances this season if I can. She has a special quality of womanliness which is unique in the company, which has its share of girls, soubrettes, tomboys and hoydens. Jenny has a special warmth, sensitivity, spirituality which is no longer fashionable, I'm afraid. She has the qualities of Margot Fonteyn, of an earlier era.

#2 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,328 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 11:03 PM

Jenny has a special warmth, sensitivity, spirituality which is no longer fashionable, I'm afraid. She has the qualities of Margot Fonteyn, of an earlier era.

Too true.

#3 justafan

justafan

• PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 03:30 PM

She has a special quality of womanliness which is unique in the company, which has its share of girls, soubrettes, tomboys and hoydens. Jenny has a special warmth, sensitivity, spirituality which is no longer fashionable, I'm afraid. She has the qualities of Margot Fonteyn, of an earlier era.

What's a hoyden, if I may ask?

#4 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 06:54 PM

Hi, justafan. Allow me to introduce you to Dictionary.com. A useful tool and always just a mouseclick or two away!

Thanks, Eileen, for the post.

#5 Eileen

Eileen

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 12:12 PM

Hi, justafan. Allow me to introduce you to Dictionary.com. A useful tool and always just a mouseclick or two away!

Thanks, Eileen, for the post.

According to Webster's New College Dictionary which I keep near my desk, a hoyden is a boisterous or high-spirited girl. Thank you Helene and Carbro, for your good words.

#6 justafan

justafan

• PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 02:57 PM

Thanks, Eileen

#7 Eileen

Eileen

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 08:05 AM

Jenny and her firefighter corps de ballet have been moved upstairs to the second floor for those who are looking.

#8 atm711

atm711

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 11:31 AM

Eileen--you must have been reading my mind :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):