This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Ballerina biographies (books)

I am wondering if anyone knows of a biography written of the late Diana Adams? My search turned up nothing. I myself have given consideration to writing one and am interested in corresponding with those who knew her publicly as well as privately. My interest began from the impression formed on me by some photographs made of her by George Platt Lynes and Martha Swope - ex., cover of the recent book of the history of ballet "Apollo's Angels". What a beautiful, long line..look of comportment and refinement..just beautiful! Any takers out there are free to email me with your support of this effort.

An Adams bio is a fine idea. I recall an article by Arlene Croce where she related a few details of Adams' last days - I believe it was the long article on Pacific Northwest Ballet's "Agon." It is a pity she never wrote a memoir; she was obviously most thoughtful and intelligent.

I has a friend, now passed, who was sure Dana Afams could read a dance score... He was a stage manager, and my memory fails now on the details of his amevdote, but from the day I heard hs syoru, I have always wondered if it culd have been true that Diana Adams could read some form of dance notation... It is unusul in a ballerina of any generation and was certainly unusul for her generation. Selfisuly, I hope your book answers that mystery for me...