#1 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,060 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 10:16 AM

Mikhail Baryshnikov takes the lead in Dmitry Krymov's "In Paris."

≠The production premiered in Helsinki as part of the Stage Theater Festival. Mikhail Baryshnikov takes the stage with Anna Sinyakina from the Dmitry Krymov Laboratory. The play is delivered in French and Russian with English supertitles. According to Itar-Tass, Baryshnikov, who left the USSR in 1974, accepted the role because it does not require him to speak Russian very much. And, meeting audience expectations, at the end of the play Baryshnikov performs a dance.

#2 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • 24,060 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 10:23 AM

Philippe Gaubert's 1940 ballet score Le Chevalier et la Damoiselle is recorded for the first time.

This world premiere recording of Gaubert's 1940 ballet Le Chevalier et la Damoiselle (The Knight and the Damsel), captures the last and reputedly finest of his symphonic creations. It's in the tradition of such late Romantic French ballet scores as Roussel's Bacchus et Ariane and Poulenc's Les animaux modèles.

In two acts, the story takes place during the Middle Ages, and concerns a beautiful princess under a spell that turns her into a doe each night. She can be freed from the magic only by meeting a man who will "make her know suffering."

#3 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • 24,060 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 10:25 AM

The Bejart Ballet will perform with the Gershwin Piano Quartet. Audio interview with the musicians.

WRSís Marc Menichini met Stefan Wirth and Benjamin Engeli, two members of the Gershwin Piano Quartet, to find out why they wanted to work with dancers:

#4 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • 24,060 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:20 AM

Paul McCartney's new ballet score for New York City Ballet, "Ocean's Kingdom," will be released by Decca.

Decca has partnered with McCartney to release the score of Ocean's Kingdom, his first ballet. The production will make its debut at the New York City Ballet's fall gala on September 22nd. The record is set to hit stores in England on October 3rd.

#5 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • 24,060 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 11:42 AM

Q&A with Anthony Huxley by Gia Kourlas in Time Out New York.

You're small for a male dancer. How have you come to terms with your size? At NYCB Iíve been able to dance great things considering my height. I was worried I would have to do jester roles all my life. I tried to focus on becoming more of aÖ

Leading man? Yeah. I think I am fortunate with my proportions that I look maybe a little taller than I am. [Laughs] I never really focused on trying to do tricks. I focused more on having a style, a stronger technique and a clean line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):