This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Just received the schedule of ballets performed live, which will be shown at selected movie theaters.

Giselle - Maryinski - 9 September.

Esmeralda - Bolshoi - 9 October.

The Sleeping Beauty - Bolshoi - 20 November.

The Sleeping Beauty - Royal Ballet - 15 December.

Le Corsaire - Bolshoi - 11 March 2012.

Romeo and Juliet - Royal Ballet - 22 March 2012.

The Bright Stream - Bolshoi - 29 April 2012.

La Fille mal Gardee - Royal Ballet - 16 May 2012.

Not a bad program :clapping: I will attend them all :sweatingbullets:

There is an opera program as well, all from the Met. Well, now with the time difference, they will be shown here at a very ungodly hour, whereas I am in luck with the ballets. Time difference will be at the most two hours for me, but I do pity you Americans with the ballets. But take heart, I am sure it will be worth it to struggle to wake up at the crack of dawn for these ballets.

Anyway, thanks for the technique which gives us all the chance to see wonderful things :tiphat: And as far as I know, this schedule is worldwide and doesnt apply to Sweden only.

The Met HD broadcasts are always the matinees, which generally start at either noon or 1pm EST. Stockholm is usually 6 hours ahead of NYC, which means that live Met HD broadcasts are like seeing a regular evening performance. I saw "Orpheus ed Eurydice" just after dinner when I was in Helsinki for the European Championships a few years ago, and Helsinki is an hour later.

This info was posted earlier on another thread:

I'm going to close this one to avoid confusion.