• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#31 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,675 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:51 AM

Natalia, there was a notice posted at Big Cinema Manhattan about the cancellation of the Royal SB as well.

#32 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,396 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:23 AM

Thanks, abatt. So it's not just the DC area. Odd. It's not as if the Royal Ballet has cancelled the performances of Beauty, i.e., Cuthbertson & Polunin are still "on" to perform SB on the evening of Dec 15 in London. It's a shame about the cancellation of the screening (in some places, if not all).

#33 angelica

angelica

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 07:13 PM

I hear that a re-screening of last year's live Bolshoi Ballet production of Nutcracker will take place on December 18th. Does anyone know how to get information about which theaters will be showing it in New York City and how to buy tickets? All I can find are links for NYCB's Nutcracker live. But I'd love to see last year's Bolshoi Ballet production.

#34 EricHG31

EricHG31

• PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 07:34 PM

It's extremely frustrating to find a listing that will link to these Bolshoi Live broadcasts and show you ALL the theatres. Probably because New york City Ballet are broadcasting their own Nutcracker, New York doesn't seem to have as many theatres showing the Bolshoi one. I did find ONE listing (I don't know NYC, but it's apparently in the Bronx), so I hope this is some help to you:

http://eventful.com/...001-043583878-5

#35 angelica

angelica

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 07:08 AM

EricHG31, Thank you so much for the information and the link. I found another theater showing it--BIG Cinemas Manhattan at 11 a.m. I don't have the link but I'm sure anyone can find it with google, as I did. I'm sure you're right about the competition with NYCB. Probably most theaters showing the live NYCB Nutcracker don't want to show another one a short time later. Even though the Bolshoi performance is not live, it was filmed live last year, and I understand it's really good.

#36 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,396 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 05:50 AM

Yes, it appears that the Bolshoi Nutcracker is the one that aired a year ago, starring Kaptsova & Ovcharenko. Good news: It will be out on DVD soon: Dec 5 in the UK &, most likely, later in the USA and elsewhere. Link to amazon.uk entry:

http://www.amazon.co...22488184&sr=1-7

Also available on Blu-Ray.

#37 Rosa

Rosa

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:50 AM

Next season there will be three live telecasts from the Royal Ballet:

Swan Lake -- October 23, 2012
Nutcracker -- December 2012
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland -- March 28, 2012

http://www.roh.org.u...2012%202013.pdf

#38 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,531 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 12:47 PM

I know that this is a fairly new project, and they need to work with relatively sure-fire programs, but I do wish that they could sneak a mixed rep show into this schedule...

#39 Rosa

Rosa

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:21 PM

Information about telecasts from the Bolshoi for 2012/2013: http://www.pathelive...lchoi-2012-2013

Via Google Translate:

The Bolshoi (literally "Grand Theatre") is one of opera houses and ballet's most renowned world. The Bolshoi Ballet has over 250 registered dancers and more than 30 ballets in its repertoire with annual classical works from the most famous contemporary choreographers. Legendary artists have danced at the Bolshoi.

With the worldwide success of the previous season, the Bolshoi Ballet continues to be broadcast live in a hundred cinemas in France and over 600 cinemas worldwide.

You will find at this season, eight exceptional ballets.

PROGRAMMING THE NEW SEASON OF Bolshoi Ballet
NEW BALLET SEASON SCHEDULE BOLSHOI

Sunday, September 30, 2012: LOST ILLUSIONS (Direct)
September 2012, Sunday 30th: LOST ILLUSIONS (Live)

Sunday, October 21, 2012: SWAN LAKE (Registered)
October 2012, Sunday 21st: SWAN LAKE (Recorded)

Sunday, November 25, 2012: PHARAOH'S DAUGHTER (Direct)
November 2012, Sunday 25th: THE PHARAOH'S DAUGHTER (Live)

Sunday, December 16, 2012: THE NUTCRACKER (Registered)
December 2012, Sunday 16th: NUTCRACKER (Recorded)

Sunday, January 27, 2013: La Bayadere (Direct)
January 2013, Sunday 27th: La Bayadere (Live)

Sunday, February 10, 2013: DON QUIXOTE (Registered)
February 2013, Sunday 10th: DON QUIXOTE (Recorded)

Sunday, March 31, 2013: THE RITE OF SPRING (Direct)
March 2013, Sunday 31st: THE RITE OF SPRING (Live)

Sunday, May 12, 2013: ROMEO AND JULIET (Direct)
May 2013, Sunday 12th: ROMEO AND JULIET (Live)

#40 BalletinCinema_intern

BalletinCinema_intern

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:31 AM

Hello,

I hope this information is helpful for all the Bolshoi ballet fans out there..

If you want to see the list of Bolshoi performances, you can check out this link:
http://www.balletincinema.com/titles/

There are several shows coming up this summer, such as The Sleeping Beauty, The Bright Stream, and Raymonda.
This link will guide you to find the nearest theatres in your area and their showtimes by simply typing the zip code!
http://www.emergingp...s.com/theaters/

#41 ksk04

ksk04

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:52 PM

The 2011-12 series will be re-run over the summer, adding 50 new Cinemark theater locations to the rotation. If you go to the Cinemark site, find your local theater, you should find the listings under the "Coming Soon" features if the theater will be showing them. This is exciting for me as the closest theater that showed this season's broadcasts was 30 miles away, so if you've been frustrated by the lack of showings near you, you may wish to check up on the summer reruns with Cinemark.

I was at a movie tonight and they ran a nice trailer advertising the series, but when I went to the BalletinCinema website they didn't have my specific theater listed (why show a trailer for a special event you will not be showing?). However, further investigation at the listings for the specific Cinemark theater gave me the summer schedule. Why they can't make this easier, I don't know, but there you have it! Posted Image

#42 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,396 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 05:47 AM

......PROGRAMMING THE NEW SEASON OF Bolshoi Ballet

Apparently this one is 'lost' and has been replaced by a performance of LA SYLPHIDE on the same day. Phooey! Click on the same Pathe link provided by Rosa, above....now shows SYLPHIDE.

#43 ksk04

ksk04

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 11:12 AM

Apparently this one is 'lost' and has been replaced by a performance of LA SYLPHIDE on the same day. Phooey! Click on the same Pathe link provided by Rosa, above....now shows SYLPHIDE.

Darn! I wanted to see those table top fouettes in their full glory!

#44 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,531 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:02 PM

That's too bad -- I love Sylphide, but have never seen Lost Illusions, and I'm always curious about something I haven't seen.

#45 Amy Reusch

Amy Reusch

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,769 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:23 PM

Fille Mal Gardee was mostly very well produced video-wise and very well worth the ticket... but the Giselle last summer with Osipova and Sarafanov had terrible framing choices... I wonder if there are different directors used for different cities and how we can find out who will be responsible.

Grigorovich's Raymonda is over 3 hours? That's really long. I have my doubts that all 3 hours are worth the viewing and suspect that what is good in it will be lost in the drudgery of what is not. How do people here feel about his Raymonda? Is it too long to encourage non balletomane friends to come to?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):