This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

CAFE SOCIETY and LADIES' BETTER DRESSESLittlefield Ballet publicity photos, c.1938

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rg

Emeralds Circle

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,491 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 07:57 AM

scan of a publicity photo of CAFE SOCIETY with Joseph Johnson as The Champ and Dorothy Swain as The Chorine.
NYPL dance cat. entry:
Café society: Chor: Catherine Littlefield; mus: Ferde Grofé; cos: Carl Schaffer. First perf: Chicago, Civic Opera House, Nov 13, 1938.

and of LADIES' BETTER DRESSES, also c. 1938, with only the male dancer identified as handwritten on the back of the photo: Carl Cleighton as The Nigth Watchman (the women are simply noted as: "& 2 of the models")
NYPL dance cat. entry:
Ladies' better dresses: Chor: Catherine Littlefield; mus: Kingsley. First perf: Philadelphia, 1938; Philadelphia Ballet Company.

Attached Files

#2 sandik

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,774 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 12:19 PM

I'm a lazy girl or I'd be looking this up myself -- has anyone done much work with Maurice Seymour's photos?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):