This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Symphony of the Americas Summerfest closureBocherinni, Mozart, Piazzola

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,446 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 06:29 PM

Ok, so tonight I went to the closing event of the Symphony of the Americas' Summerfest Festival, a joined event with the Reményi Ede Chamber Orchestra , with James Brooks-Bruzzese as guest Conductor. The program consisted in Mozart's playful "Divertimento K. 136", Bocherinni's beautiful but rarely performed "Sinfonia No. 6 in D minor.Op. 12/4"-(I LOVED it!)-Piazzolla's "Contrabajeando for String Orchestra" and "Libertango for String Orchestra", both arranged by Ricardo Roel-(not my favorite pieces of the night...never been a fan of tangos...)-and to close a "piece by Aaron Copland"-(in the conductor's words, and correctly identified by me to my friend as "Rodeo"! :clapping: ). I prepared myself all fancy and everything, and when I got there, I realized that the concert was to be held in an amphitheater, so I ended up down on the grass enjoying Mozart while digesting quite a few pieces of spicy chicken wings...!-(not too glamorous, I know... :blushing: ).
Anyway..I had a great time. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):