This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

I'm trying to find Olympia Dowd

I recently read 'A Young Dancer's Apprenticeship' for the umpteenth time. Afterwards, I wanted to find out some info about Ms. Dowd, see if she still dances, etcetra, but honestly I cannot find ANTHING about her on Google.

Does anyone have any info about her, or her other book 'Olympia'?

It would be much appreciated, thanks.

Welcome, Jo_on_Pointe.

I've had no more success than you, and the lack of recent information is mysterious. I can only conclude that she's returned to private life.

Depending on how motivated you are, you may want to contact the author through her publisher. I'm sure they keep contact info as long as the book is earning royalties.

Welcome, Jo_on_Pointe.

I've had no more success than you, and the lack of recent information is mysterious. I can only conclude that she's returned to private life.

Depending on how motivated you are, you may want to contact the author through her publisher. I'm sure they keep contact info as long as the book is earning royalties.

Thanks, :)

I might do that...I'm curious to know why she quit dancing. This is all I found about her:http://blueeggstudios.com/about/team/ scroll down to the dance section.

On amazon it says she wrote another book titled 'Olympia' but it isn't in any libraries, B & N's doesn't sell it, and Amazon doesn't sell it anymore either. I think it is very strange.

Thanks for your help!

I recently read 'A Young Dancer's Apprenticeship' for the umpteenth time. Afterwards, I wanted to find out some info about Ms. Dowd, see if she still dances, etcetra, but honestly I cannot find ANTHING about her on Google.

Does anyone have any info about her, or her other book 'Olympia'?

It would be much appreciated, thanks.

With an eye to possibly buying this book based on Jo-on-Pointe's recommendation, I looked it up on Amazon and came across this reader's review:

"An excellent book with amazing photography of Olympia's journey. I would recommend this book for anyone but particularly aspiring dancers. She's now my really fantastic ballet teacher in Canada so I especially enjoyed it." [emphasis added]

It's not much, but it's something. Good luck.