This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Ballet night tonight with Florida Classical Ballet

Very pleasant ballet night tonight. It was one of those Gala/PDD nights, but I'm always very happy to be able to attend them, given that this is the only chance I have to see my favorite classical duets down here. Tonight's programme included Paquita Grand Pas, La Vivandiere Pas de Six, Diane&Acteon PDD, Satanella PDD, Don Quijote PDD, Spring Waters PDD and s PDD from Bournonville's Sylphide. Very happy, for which Vivandiere PDS was always a favorite of mine, often performed by the Cuban company in Havana. Highlights of the night...the AMAZING Adeline Pastor-(currently a Principal of Aalto Ballet Theater-(Germany) and Jordan Elizabeth Long, currently with the Royal Swedish Ballet in Stockholm. Miss Long was tonight's beautiful Diane-(wonderful line, this is a tall ballerina with veeeeery long limbs)-, and Miss Pastor danced Kitri. About Pastor, NEVER in my entire life have I seen such PERFECT amount of pirouettes-(and with that quantity..at one point she did like 9 or 10 in a row with her fouettes...!).

I was thinking what kind of ballerina would be if we could clone Pastor's turning skills with Valdes' balances, Osipova's jumps and Zakharova's extensions all in Veronika Part's body... :smilie_mondieu: