ABT at the Met 2011 - Sleeping Beauty

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#106 Roberto Dini

Roberto Dini

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 06:50 PM

I did not see Reyes' Aurora this season, but I remember thoroughly enjoying her in the role. She seems to have an innate sense of musicality that elevates her dancing to another level.

I wish I could describe this better. I remember her dancing in Kudulka's Désir had a such a level of musicality that it was a completely different piece than when others danced the same part--one performance seemed like an incredible feat of athleticism while Reyes' was a work of art.

As much as I love Veronika Part's dancing, I have to admit that Zina's opening dance in The Bright Stream (holding the book) didn't make much sense to me when I saw her dance it. It was only when I saw Xiomara dance it at a later performance that I really got how the music and the steps were meant to go together. Someone mentioned above that they never seek out her performances but are always pleasantly surprised; that's been my experience several times this season.

I'm glad to hear that others appreciate her too. I always look forward to seeing her dance and wanted to see her this season, but I could not renew my subscriptions this season for financial reasons, so I only saw three performances. :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):