This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Adolphe Binder new director of Gothenburg Ballet

There will be a new director of the Gothenburg Opera Ballet from next fall. Adolphe Binder, previously at the Komische Oper in Berlin. She is originally Romanian but has lived for a long time in Berlin. She is neither dancer nor choreographer, but some kind of video producer.

I am sorry to say that I have never heard of her, has any BalletAlerters any knowledge of this person? What can we expect in the seasons to come? Regrettably I have not set my foot in the Gothenburg Opera House for years to attend a ballet performance as they only do modern stuff.

I fear this state of affairs might continue...

Can someone please throw a light at this :helpsmilie:

Regrettably I have not set my foot in the Gothenburg Opera House for years to attend a ballet performance as they only do modern stuff.

I fear this state of affairs might continue...

Pamela, it sounds as though your fears are justified.

Adolphe Binder is the head of Binder + Partners in Berlin, which is a production company that works internationally on the contemporary dance arena.

["]We are very happy to work with Adolphe Binder. She has a broad expertise and a large international network within contemporary dance, which suits the profile of our dance company perfectly. The recruitment process has shown that The Göteborg Ballet has a strong international position today,["] says the CEO of the Göteborg Opera, Peter Hansson.

What attracted them to her seems to have been, in part at least, her connections.

http://www.goteborgd...goteborg-ballet

Yeez Bart, you must have read some English translation of the Gothenburg stuff -I assume that you cannot read Swedish. Although Swedish and English are rather close, it does not mean that knowing one of those languages you could understand the other. Norwegian, Danish, Dutch, German are all in the same group of languages - one can guess a few words, but that is all. Whereas, Finnish is entirely different, there I cannot even guess, it is called Finno-Ugro and is related only to Hungarian. Strangely enough, Icelandic bears some likeness to English. :off topic:

Sorry, just couldnt resist this excursion into linguistics.

Well, yes, more DVD in the future, I do have a good library of nice things. But it would be nice to see a live performance for once . :beg: