This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Seven dancers...one variation-(guess which one......before is taken down...)

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 leonid17

leonid17

Platinum Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 07:57 AM

Thank you Cristian for posting this variation fest.

I think all of the dancers show some kind of quality and technical achievement and it was fascinating to compare them in such a way as presented.

I am only sorry that Mr Villela is not amongst them, as he and Miss Verdy in this pas de deux was so far as i have got in my life, one of the oustanding highlights of bravura dancing in my entire period of attending ballet performances.

#17 YID

YID

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 08:56 PM

just another one - for comparison - Vladimir Shklyarov (Mariinsky ballet) - from this thread (the 3rd clip of Mariinsky festival - on the 11th minute)
http://balletalert.i...24/page__st__15

#18 BocaBallerina

BocaBallerina

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 01:38 PM

I vote for Misha all the way! Although, I am a sucker for Sasha Radetsky's beautiful feet and adorable smile :)

#19 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 02:27 PM

Misha always looked a little stiff in some Balanchine pieces such as Tsch pas and Theme.

I so agree!

Live performances my favorites were Peter Martins, Helgi Tommason & Damien Woetzel.

Yes to Tommason and Woetzel. Martins had a magnificent technique, but his dancing wasn't dancing, IMO. It was mechanical.

Least favorite:
1) Zelensky. I have liked this dancer a lot. But here it seems to be all galumph! galumph!

I wouldn't blame Igor. I think he was undermined by a sluggish tempo. Of this group, I liked him best, in spite of the music. First runner-up: Radetsky.

Angel Corella has given some thrilling readings of this, and I'd also add Herman Cornejo as a great interpreter of this variation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):