This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

I almost fainted when I saw the USD price (just under $50), but it's got to be worth it: just look at that cast for Les Sylphides...

BTW in case anyone missed it, on the ICArtists link referenced above, if you select the tab for media (or multimedia, forget which), there a (too) brief clip from the Giselle.

I almost fainted when I saw the USD price (just under $50), but it's got to be worth it: just look at that cast for Les Sylphides...

I think if you're willing to hold out for the American release, you could get it for a lot less. ICA DVDs sell for $22.49 on Amazon.com, and the release date is usually delayed by only a month.

The BBC must own a treasure chest of ballet footage stretching back to the 1930's. I was told it has never been released onto commercial DVD's because of problems with royalties. Does this particular release signal a change of heart? If so I hope it proves the opening of the floodgates.