This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Vail Festival introduces a new "Dying Swan"

I am not sure but believe that

shows the dedication ceremony (or some such event) for the Vail Festival.

It introduces new choreography to (Anna Pavlova's famous solo, )"The Dying Swan!" The man dancing is Lil Buck, and the man who introduces Lil Buck (for those who don't know him) is Damian Woetzel, former principal dancer at NYCB. He is now the director of the Vail Festival of Dance, and will have Lil Buck there!

It introduces new choreography to (Anna Pavlova's famous solo, )"The Dying Swan!" The man dancing is Lil Buck, and the man who introduces Lil Buck (for those who don't know him) is Damian Woetzel, former principal dancer at NYCB. He is now the director of the Vail Festival of Dance, and will have Lil Buck there!

Thank you ViolinConcerto for posting this link.

I think it is extraordinary and I would like to see other examples of Lil Buck. I thought it a more interesting a piece of choreography than that offered by many present day choreographers.

PS

Not meaning to be too picky, but Pavlova never danced "The Dying Swan", she danced "The Swan."

Thank you ViolinConcerto for posting this link.

I think it is extraordinary and I would like to see other examples of Lil Buck. I thought it a more interesting a piece of choreography than that offered by many present day choreographers.

PS

Not meaning to be too picky, but Pavlova never danced "The Dying Swan", she danced "The Swan."

Always happy to get more information!