This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

SFB 2012 season announced

San Francisco Ballet's 2012 season is announced (unfortunately, the season brochure pdf won't open for me for some reason, but here's the link in case somebody else can get to it):

http://media.tmsmail.us/pop_tms_sfballet/2012_Renewal_Brochure_online.pdf

An excerpt from the e-mail sent to subscribers:

2012 Repertory Season Highlights Include

NEW World Premieres by Edwaard Liang, Mark Morris, Ashley Page, and Yuri Possokhov

NEW SF Ballet Premiere of John Cranko's dramatic narrative work, Onegin

NEW A sparkling, newly designed production of Don Quixote

Balanchine's Scotch Symphony, not performed by SF Ballet in over 45 years

The passionate story ballet, Romeo & Juliet

Thank you! I did get the PDF file to open. It doesn't seem to be available yet on the SFB public site.

Here's the complete rep - if you open the PDF link, it includes all the dates:

PROGRAM 1

Onegin

PROGRAM 2

Chroma

Morris World Premiere

Number Nine

PROGRAM 3

Le Carnaval des Animaux

Possokhov World Premiere

Trio

PROGRAM 4

Romeo & Juliet

PROGRAM 5

The Fifth Season

Liang World Premiere

Glass Pieces

PROGRAM 6

RaymondaAct III

RAkU

Page World Premiere

PROGRAM 7

Divertimento #15

Scotch Symphony

The Four Temperaments

PROGRAM 8

Don Quixote

Single tickets went on sale on-line this morning (11/16) for the spring 2012 season, but they have turned off their seat selection feature! You can select a section, but nothing more. You're not even told which seat they want to give you when you go to the next step (unlike the clunky NYCB system). Do locals know if they leave seat selection off for the rest of the season, or just the first few hours of sales?

If you try going over to "build-your-own" subscription, you can still see seat selection, so the function is working to that extent.

UPDATED: I'll answer my own question! The seat selection system came back on-line about 10:30 am PST. But the entire on-line ticket system is extremely sluggish today (no surprise).

As this has come up in other contexts, let me note that they charge a single $10 handling fee, regardless of how many tickets you order, for these on-line sales. They don't have the option of letting you print your own tickets (as the Met and others do), but use U.S. mail to send them out (within 7 days, they say).

Single tickets went on sale on-line this morning (11/16) for the spring 2012 season, but they have turned off their seat selection feature! You can select a section, but nothing more. You're not even told which seat they want to give you when you go to the next step (unlike the clunky NYCB system). Do locals know if they leave seat selection off for the rest of the season, or just the first few hours of sales?

If you try going over to "build-your-own" subscription, you can still see seat selection, so the function is working to that extent.

UPDATED: I'll answer my own question! The seat selection system came back on-line about 10:30 am PST. But the entire on-line ticket system is extremely sluggish today (no surprise).

As this has come up in other contexts, let me note that they charge a single $10 handling fee, regardless of how many tickets you order, for these on-line sales. They don't have the option of letting you print your own tickets (as the Met and others do), but use U.S. mail to send them out (within 7 days, they say).

Interesting that the seat selection is back. I posted a complaint about it being gone on Facebook over the weekend. Said I'd rather go standing room than not at least know what seat I'm getting.

Also, I'm sure they allowed printing tickets at home before; I've seen people having their printout scanned. Very strange. Not sure the new website is much of an 'improvement' if they're taking away features.