• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 PeggyR

PeggyR

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 06:38 PM

San Francisco Ballet's 2012 season is announced (unfortunately, the season brochure pdf won't open for me for some reason, but here's the link in case somebody else can get to it):

http://media.tmsmail...hure_online.pdf

An excerpt from the e-mail sent to subscribers:

2012 Repertory Season Highlights Include
NEW World Premieres by Edwaard Liang, Mark Morris, Ashley Page, and Yuri Possokhov
NEW SF Ballet Premiere of John Cranko's dramatic narrative work, Onegin
NEW A sparkling, newly designed production of Don Quixote
Balanchine's Scotch Symphony, not performed by SF Ballet in over 45 years
The passionate story ballet, Romeo & Juliet

#2 California

California

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 07:00 PM

Thank you! I did get the PDF file to open. It doesn't seem to be available yet on the SFB public site.

Here's the complete rep - if you open the PDF link, it includes all the dates:

PROGRAM 1
Onegin
PROGRAM 2
Chroma
Morris World Premiere
Number Nine
PROGRAM 3
Le Carnaval des Animaux
Possokhov World Premiere
Trio
PROGRAM 4
Romeo & Juliet
PROGRAM 5
The Fifth Season
Liang World Premiere
Glass Pieces
PROGRAM 6
Raymonda—Act III
RAkU
Page World Premiere
PROGRAM 7
Divertimento #15
Scotch Symphony
The Four Temperaments
PROGRAM 8
Don Quixote

#3 California

California

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 07:23 AM

Single tickets went on sale on-line this morning (11/16) for the spring 2012 season, but they have turned off their seat selection feature! You can select a section, but nothing more. You're not even told which seat they want to give you when you go to the next step (unlike the clunky NYCB system). Do locals know if they leave seat selection off for the rest of the season, or just the first few hours of sales?

If you try going over to "build-your-own" subscription, you can still see seat selection, so the function is working to that extent.

UPDATED: I'll answer my own question! The seat selection system came back on-line about 10:30 am PST. But the entire on-line ticket system is extremely sluggish today (no surprise).

As this has come up in other contexts, let me note that they charge a single $10 handling fee, regardless of how many tickets you order, for these on-line sales. They don't have the option of letting you print your own tickets (as the Met and others do), but use U.S. mail to send them out (within 7 days, they say).

#4 PeggyR

PeggyR

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:16 AM

Single tickets went on sale on-line this morning (11/16) for the spring 2012 season, but they have turned off their seat selection feature! You can select a section, but nothing more. You're not even told which seat they want to give you when you go to the next step (unlike the clunky NYCB system). Do locals know if they leave seat selection off for the rest of the season, or just the first few hours of sales?

If you try going over to "build-your-own" subscription, you can still see seat selection, so the function is working to that extent.

UPDATED: I'll answer my own question! The seat selection system came back on-line about 10:30 am PST. But the entire on-line ticket system is extremely sluggish today (no surprise).

As this has come up in other contexts, let me note that they charge a single $10 handling fee, regardless of how many tickets you order, for these on-line sales. They don't have the option of letting you print your own tickets (as the Met and others do), but use U.S. mail to send them out (within 7 days, they say).

Interesting that the seat selection is back. I posted a complaint about it being gone on Facebook over the weekend. Said I'd rather go standing room than not at least know what seat I'm getting.

Also, I'm sure they allowed printing tickets at home before; I've seen people having their printout scanned. Very strange. Not sure the new website is much of an 'improvement' if they're taking away features.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):