#1 miliosr

miliosr

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 03:53 PM

ABC has cancelled All My Children (age: 41) and One Life to Live (age: 42):

http://tvbythenumber...es-slated/89488

Susan Lucci will now be unemployed after 41 straight years of playing Erica Kane!

And then there were four . . . The Bold and the Beautiful (CBS), Days Of Our Lives (NBC), General Hospital (ABC) and The Young and the Restless (CBS).

#2 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,132 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 04:04 PM

Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3 Bonnette

Bonnette

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 04:34 PM

Oh, my. I grew up watching The Edge of Night, The Secret Storm and As the World Turns at my mother's knee; All My Children and One Life to Live seemed like upstarts at the time, but now they are hoary war horses whose time has run out, like sands through the hourglass - oh wait, that's Days of our Lives! :D . I think that Ms. Lucci is already forging a career path on one of the home shopping networks (exercise equipment), and hopefully she has invested her past earnings wisely.

#4 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • 25,047 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 12:50 PM

I heard that they would be canceled but am sorry to hear that it's definite. I do not expect the four remaining shows to last much longer. Apart from all the other well-rehearsed reasons, Soapnet isn't working out as hoped.

Even sadder is the type of programming that's replacing them:

From Executive Producer JD Roth and 3 Ball Productions, producers of “The Biggest Loser,” “Masterchef” and ABC’s upcoming “Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition,” comes “The Revolution,” a Daily Show about health and lifestyle transformations. The show is hosted by a team of experts and rotating guest contributors who help viewers transform all areas of their lives, from relationships to family, food, style, home design, finance and more. This dream team, led by fashion expert Tim Gunn, also includes celebrity trainer Harley Pasternak and American Idol alum Kimberley Locke. The show features a unique concept: each week one woman’s five-month weight loss journey will unfold in just five days, with daily results and a final transformational reveal on Friday. “The Revolution” is a one-stop shop for better living.

#5 miliosr

miliosr

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 04:25 PM

I do not expect the four remaining shows to last much longer.

Agreed. The only question now is the boot order.

In losing All My Children and One Life To Live, we're not just losing the shows. We're also losing two of the few places you can see actresses of a "certain age" -- Susan Lucci, Erika Slezak, Robin Strasser and Kim Zimmer -- on a daily basis and in front-burner storylines.

#6 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • 25,047 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 11:15 AM

We're also losing two of the few places you can see actresses of a "certain age" -- Susan Lucci, Erika Slezak, Robin Strasser and Kim Zimmer -- on a daily basis and in front-burner storylines.

That's right. And the soaps often tried unusual and daring storylines before the networks got to them. I know nothing lasts forever, but it's depressing all the same.

#7 miliosr

miliosr

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 03:36 PM

I'm so proud of Josh Duhamel for returning to the show that launched him:

http://soapcentral.c...606-duhamel.php

#8 miliosr

miliosr

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 05:24 PM

For those of us who loved the Greenlee/Leo pairing on All My Children from 1999-2002, our prayers were answered yesterday and today:

It's probably all just Greenlee's dream but . . . so wonderful to see Rebecca and Josh together again after nine years. And, again, I'm so proud of Josh Duhamel for calling ABC and asking if he could be part of the farewell.

#9 miliosr

miliosr

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 06:13 PM

FYI -- One Life To Live's last episode airs next Friday.

And TV Guide has an interview w/ Erika Slezak (some spoilers):

http://www.tvguide.c...TL-1041253.aspx

#10 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • 25,047 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 12:48 PM

Nice interview. Thanks, miliosr.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):