This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Jacques d' Amboise - Many Photos

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Mme. Hermine

Mme. Hermine

Emeralds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,792 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 09:37 AM

A great article on Jacques d'Amboise on a site called the New York Social Diary, with lots of photos by Jill Krementz.

http://newyorksocial...om/node/1905930

#2 Bonnette

Bonnette

• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 11:22 AM

That's just lovely. Thank you, Mme. Hermine.

#3 Farrell Fan

Farrell Fan

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,930 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 11:29 AM

That's just lovely. Thank you, Mme. Hermine.

What wonderful photos! Thank you.

#4 Amy Reusch

Amy Reusch

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,795 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 08:52 PM

Thank you! For some reason those sneakers brought back memories! Loved the Apples!

#5 diane

diane

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 01:24 AM

That was lovely! I had meant to only glance through at the photographs, and ended up reading the whole thing and thoroughly enjoying it. :)

-d-

#6 bart

bart

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,320 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 05:39 AM

That was lovely! I had meant to only glance through at the photographs, and ended up reading the whole thing and thoroughly enjoying it. :)

Me too! What an amazing network of colleagues and friends, over several generations. Young Jacques/ old Jacques; his children as kids/ as young dancers; a span that goes from Kent through Farrell through Kistler to now. Marvelous.

#7 Mel Johnson

Mel Johnson

Diamonds Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,311 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 05:53 AM

I don't think the picture of the d'Amboise daughters as SAB students in a ballet are seen in A Midsummer Night's Dream, as the caption indicates. Those headpieces were far different from those shown and the bugs didn't wear skirts. They had a sort of tunic thing. My guess is Coppélia.

#8 rg

rg

Emeralds Circle

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,459 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 07:15 AM

right you are, Mel. the b&w photo of the d'Amboise girls on NYCB's stage shows them costumed for the "Waltz of the Golden Hours" in third act of the Balanchine/Danilova COPPELIA, not as fairies in A MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S DREAM. (the waltz number was re-costumed over time, initially the 24 girl dancers were dressed by Ter-Arutunian in finely pleated golden fabric, with slightly bell-shapped skirts, later, but pretty soon after, they were re-costumed (by Karinska) in the tutus shown in the picture, in pale pink.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):