This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Account Suspended -- Apologies

For those of you who received an "Account Suspended" message -- we received some inquiries -- this was not your personal account, it was the whole site.

The site was down because of the perfect storm of two changes to our monthly billing that we never received notice for and an issue with our mailboxes at another service provider that I'm still investigating, but is likely the cause of us not receiving two critical notices.

I apologize for the mess and downtime.

Hi Helene, I figured it was something like that, and am glad you were able to get back up and running so quickly. Hope you're able to get to the bottom of the mail situation without any further problems, and thank you for working so hard to keep Ballet Alert's cyberdoors open! :tiphat:

I was worried someone had hacked into my account and posted something so heinous I had been banned with no recourse. Seriously--that's what popped into my head, followed by increasingly complex scenarios that I will spare you. I then asked a friend to see if she could get onto the site from HER computer and we discovered that it was a more general problem with the site...at which point my friend told me about a Law and Order episode in which a site was suspended because one of the people who worked on it had been murdered...

Very pleased to discover the problem was more banal.

Perhaps I should give some thought to the saying that when you hear the sound of hooves, you should think horses, not zebras. (It applies to those of us in North America at any rate...)

Since my local Borders closed, none of my 3 local B&N stores carries them (or only infrequently), and online sites only list some but not all articles, I had no more access to ANY dance magazines unless I took a 4hr trip to NYC and raided their shelves.

Then Ballettalk/Ballet Alert disappears--and ditto all the above posts, I was in total shock because now I had NO connection at all to the art I love. I tried six different ways to try to log in to no avail. I too thought it was me--did I forget to pay a membership fee somewhere?, or the same problem I had viewing YT when I tried to upgrade Flash (something to do with a driver causing the "black screen of death" instead of videos to appear)so...yes, I heard those zebras, horses, and rhinos, but what most mattered was the infinately deep hole I felt in my heart, and a void inestimable. THANK YOU THANK YOU for still being here. PLEASE don't disappear again.

The same seems to be true for BT4D. Do you happen to know if they are experiencing similar problems?

Still not working for me!

What isn't working? What error messages are you receiving from BT4D? If it's a single screen with "Account Suspended" (see screen shot), I'll need to report it, since BT4D has worked for me consistently since both sites came back up late last night, and your post is dated today.

If it's any other message, you'll need to report that to the "Contact Us" link on the BT4D site. We are separate sites, and we can't fix problems with individual registrations from here.

--------

To everyone, it was quite a scare, and I'm glad it's been resolved.

When I got the message I just started a brain storm..."What did you SAY Cristian...?!"..."Did you cross the line of sarcasm at some point...?", "Were you probably reported because an old post that somehow got overlooked by the mods and ended up being offensive to someone...?"...Oh, well...and a few other questions. Thank God for Patrick who assured me that it was probably a site problem, for which he had received the same message...which happily was the case... :smilie_mondieu:

Glad to be back...let's keep this rolling!! :clapping:

The same seems to be true for BT4D. Do you happen to know if they are experiencing similar problems?

What isn't working? What error messages are you receiving from BT4D? If it's a single screen with "Account Suspended" (see screen shot), I'll need to report it, since BT4D has worked for me consistently since both sites came back up late last night, and your post is dated today.

If it's any other message, you'll need to report that to the "Contact Us" link on the BT4D site. We are separate sites, and we can't fix problems with individual registrations from here.

--------

You may also be able to help yourself by going into your machine's Control Panel and emptying your cache.

I wondered what had happened, and like many people here my first thought was "what in the world did I say?"

And I'm very, very grateful that I was not involved in troubleshooting and rebooting -- extremely big thanks to the technical denizens of the site for doing the work I would never be able to manage!

Thanks for trying to help, all!

I get a message that says the menu is disabled, then it says there has been an error, then it says that the error is that I am not permitted to use the board!

Hope it's not personal!

--------