This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Edward BigelowBalanchine associate and dancer

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 Dollie

Dollie

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 05:45 PM

I was one of Eddie Bigelow's many friends and neighbors who attended the memorial service for him held in Cornwall, Connecticut last Saturday. His nephew, Hal, spoke of how Eddie was his "second father," describing the many occasions on which his Uncle Eddie, ever the caring friend and counselor, helped him find his path in life. The music was just right. We all sang "Lord of the Dance" and Psalm 150, rich with musical references. These occasions are often called "celebrations of life" and in this case that sentiment seemed appropriate. What a life Eddie Bigelow had. It was a deeply moving tribute to a beloved man.

#17 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,470 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 09:05 PM

Many thanks, Dollie, and welcome to Ballet Alert!

#18 LynneF

LynneF

• Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:44 AM

Please forgive the belated entry to this thread. As I now live in the Pacific Northwest, I had lost contact with Eddie in the past few years and just learned of his death and the tragic manner of his passing.

I worked with Eddie at Ballet Society. He and I worked in a small office of a brownstone behind the Dakota for five years until Ballet Society shuttered its doors in the late 90's. He was a brilliant, lovely man with a great sense of humor. I learned so much from him about the ballet, life and the New England work ethic. Also the best places to buy pastries on the Upper West Side.

Eddie was such loving friend who kept such an ongoing, caring eye on many, especially Tanny LeClercq whom he checked in on daily. He adored Carla and his family. I will never forget him. His hearty laugh is in my head as I write this post. Thank you for allowing me to share my feelings. Although this event happened 14 months ago, my grief is fresh. Bigelow was a gem. And he was my friend.

#19 bart

bart

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,320 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:40 PM

Thank you, Lynn, for your tribute. It's not "belated" at all. I am astonished and touched by how many people have personal memories -- invariably fond -- of Eddie Bigelow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):