This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Hello Everyone

stereodog

Hello Everyone!

Can I say first of all how great your site is for a newbie, the 'discovering the art' section was most instructive. I had virtually no experience of the ballet until a few weeks ago. I had seen Swan Lake in the Maryinski theatre as part of a school trip in 2004 but remember very little about it. A few weeks ago the BBC showed a back stage documentary about the Englsih National Ballet and I was captivated. I loved the grace of the dancers whilst rehearsing and was inspired by their commitment. I immediately booked a ticket to see Swan Lake (the production featured in the documentary)and bought a few general books to read on the subject. I went to see the production last night and it was superb. Vadim Muntagirov as Siegfried was just out of this world!

Anyway sorry for this rather long post but I just wanted to introduce myself and I look forward to many happy hours of reading (and a bit of posting too)!