• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 stereodog

stereodog

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 03:43 AM

Hello Everyone!

Can I say first of all how great your site is for a newbie, the 'discovering the art' section was most instructive. I had virtually no experience of the ballet until a few weeks ago. I had seen Swan Lake in the Maryinski theatre as part of a school trip in 2004 but remember very little about it. A few weeks ago the BBC showed a back stage documentary about the Englsih National Ballet and I was captivated. I loved the grace of the dancers whilst rehearsing and was inspired by their commitment. I immediately booked a ticket to see Swan Lake (the production featured in the documentary)and bought a few general books to read on the subject. I went to see the production last night and it was superb. Vadim Muntagirov as Siegfried was just out of this world!

Anyway sorry for this rather long post but I just wanted to introduce myself and I look forward to many happy hours of reading (and a bit of posting too)!

#2 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 04:51 PM

You have nothing to apologize for, stereodog. You wrote a lovely introduction. :tiphat:

I'm glad you're finding our forums helpful. I hope you'll continue to let us know what you're seeing. Welcome to BalletAlert!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):