This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Beaumont manuals - Theatre Museum

Guest JaneLondon

Guest JaneLondon

As previously discussed in other threads, I've arranged to go to the Study Room of the Theatre Museum in London to study the Beaumont manuals. Unfortunately the Study Room will be closed for a stock take for part of May, so they have booked me in for 1 June.

If Candice (or anyone else) would like me to look out for anything in particular, please let me know in the next few weeks. As for what the "manuals" are, when I asked to have particular access to them, the gentleman I was speaking to thought for a few seconds and then said "Oh, the scrap books!" - so expect just about anything!

Jane

Guest JaneLondon

Alexandra

I got the feeling that they were simply going through their stock to see what they had and catalogue it better, rether than sell it. Still, I'll keep an eye on the website (and the Victoria and Albert Museum, of which the Theatre Museum is an offshoot).

Jane

JaneLondon, How very interesting! I want to take you up on your kind offer. To my knowledge Beaumont has not written about my

dear Johansson - on the other hand it is quite possible - I have not read everything Beaumont wrote. However, I do remember him well and his wonderful book shop in Charing Cross Road - I used to be a regular there. I remember it so well, on my second day in London and walked in there and bought "Baron Encore", very cheap it was because the jacket was torn.

Anyway, if you would come across some reference to Pehr Christian Johansson or Christian Petrovich Yogansson as he was called in P-burg, I would be ever so grateful! Sorry, but I just feel so tempted to express the same thing in Cockney: "Ta ever so, dear".