Anne Mueller Retiring at End of This Season and Other Roster Changes
Posted 24 March 2011 - 02:50 PM
It is with a mixture of sadness and excitement that I let you know that our upcoming production of Song & Dance will be Anne Mueller’s final performances with Oregon Ballet Theatre before she retires in May. Sadness, because Anne has been a truly distinctive artist who has brought beauty, humour and impeccable discipline to her work with OBT over the last 15 years.
Excitement, because her retirement from the stage allows her to increase her role within the core artistic staff of the company - allowing us to continue to benefit from her artistry and intelligence at the heart of what we do.
A career as extraordinary as Anne’s really deserves a celebration! I cordially invite you to help us celebrate Anne at Song & Dance in April. Below you’ll find 5 ways you can participate in the celebration - whether you join us for her final performance or share your own memories of Anne on our Facebook page, I hope you will take a moment to reflect on the impact this fiercely talented artist has had on your own experience of the ballet.
Thank you and I look forward to seeing you at Song & Dance.
Oregon Ballet Theatre
5 WAYS TO CELEBRATE ANNE
1. Celebrate and SAVE $15 per ticket!
$15 Ticket: We commemorate Anne’s 15 year career with OBT by offering $15 off* select opening weekend performances to Song & Dance! Choose from the following:
APRIL 23RD @ 2pm
APRIL 24TH @ 2pm
APRIL 24TH @ 7:30pm
Use the Promo Code “ANNE” to get this special offer when you order online or by phone (503.2.BALLET)
Offer expires this Friday March 25th, so get your tickets today!
*Areas 1 through 4, limit 4, not available on previously purchased tickets or combinable with other offers
2. Explore the LIFE AND TIMES of Anne Mueller.
Life and Times of Anne Mueller: Check out some great stories from Anne’s career and share your own memories of Anne on our FACEBOOK PAGE or our BLOG
3. JOIN US for a special Anne-themed Dance Talks.
SUNDAY, APRIL 17TH AT 4PM / AT CONDUIT
Anne and Christopher will share photos, video and stories from Anne’s career at this FREE to the public event at Conduit Dance, Inc. (918 SW Yamhill Avenue, Suite 401).
LEARN MORE ABOUT DANCE TALKS
4. Make a CONTRIBUTION in Honor of Anne to OBT’s New Works Fund.
New Works Fund / Petrouchka/Carmen dress rehearsal: Your contribution in support of New Works will support a cause near and dear to Anne’s heart- creating the future of ballet performance. It also garners you an exclusive invitation to the dress rehearsal for our world premiere season opening performance of Nicolo Fonte’s Petrouchka and Christopher Stowell’s Carmen. All gifts in honor of Anne will be recognized as partial sponsors of Petrouchka/Carmen under the description “Friends and Family of Anne Mueller.”
To make a gift of any amount in honor of Anne to the New Works Fund, email Emily at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 503.227.0977 ext. 225.
5. SEND HER OFF with Applause (and a special surprise)!
Send her off with applause!
SUNDAY, MAY 1 AT 2PM
Don’t miss Anne’s final performance of Christopher Stowell’s Eyes on You, Trey McIntyre’s Speak and Nicolo Fonte’s Left Unsaid at Song & Dance. Our special “Celebrate Anne” final performance package includes best available center seating for the performance, a donation in honor of Anne to the New Works Fund, and a limited edition signed performance photo of Anne (plus the chance to participate in a special surprise curtain call celebration of Anne at the show!) As a contributor to the New Works Fund, you’ll receive an exclusive invitation to the invited dress rehearsal of Carmen/Petrouchka in the fall. Get the details HERE.
Posted 27 March 2011 - 08:51 AM
Posted 27 May 2011 - 02:44 PM
NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL ADDITIONS
CHANGE THE FACE OF OBT
From Wisconsin dairy farms to Chinese capitals to palm tree-lined cultural meccas (and even from our own backyard)... the newest additions to OBT’s company of dancers continue the company’s strong history of attracting the highest caliber of dancers from around the country and around the world. Ten new artists join the company next season: three as Principal Dancers, one as a Soloist and six as Company Artists. Additionally, three men in the current company have been promoted, one to Principal Dancer and two to Soloist.
- Originally from China, new Principal Dancers, Haiyin Wu and Yang Zou, join the company after many years as leading dancers with the Miami City Ballet.
- Xuan Cheng and Ye Li, also originally from China, join OBT by way of Les Grands Ballets Canadiens in Montreal. Xuan Cheng will join the company as a Principal Dancer and Ye Li will join as a Soloist with the company.
- Joining OBT as Company Artists are Kate Odekirk from Tulsa Ballet; Michael Linsmeier from Milwaukie Ballet; and Michael Breedon and Neil Marshall, both from Miami City Ballet.
- Former Soloist Brett Bauer has been promoted to Principal Dancer.
- Native Oregonians Lucas Threefoot and Brian Simcoe have been promoted to Soloist.
- Finally, former apprentices Adam Hartley and Olivia Ornelas have been invited to join the company.
Life doesn’t stop for the ballet, of course. Here are a few notable life and career transitions affecting the OBT Company this year.
- Kathi Martuza and her husband (former OBT dancer Kester Cotton) are delighted to report that they are expecting her first child in October.
- Mia Leimkuhler has been accepted at Columbia Law School and will be retiring from the stage.
- Brennan Boyer, Steven Houser, Christian Squires, Leta Biasucci and Scott Bebell will be pursuing new opportunities.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):