This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

The new Folk Tale

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jane Simpson

Jane Simpson

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 09:51 AM

Eva Kistrup has just posted a long and very detailed review of the production and the first two performances on her blog. It's a must-read if you're interested in the background story, with a lot of historical information which not many people outside Denmark will be aware of.

#2 checkwriter

checkwriter

• PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 15 March 2011 - 08:13 PM

For a lighter take on the plot, such as it is, see Carling Talcott's blog post here.

#3 Eva Kistrup

Eva Kistrup

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 11:29 AM

It is actually a very correct account!!

#4 Eva Kistrup

Eva Kistrup

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 01:01 PM

Visit David Amzallags Blueballet page on facebook and see some outstanding photoes from 2 act. Unfortunately the costumes dos not register as well from the auditorium

#5 Jane Simpson

Jane Simpson

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 07:00 AM

... and for a non-Dane's thoughts, my own review is now up on the ballet.co magazine.

(I do usually manage to remember how Hübbe spells his first name but this time I got it wrong, and by a knock-on effect, Nikolai Hansen's as well. Sorry!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):