BBC Agony and EcstasyHow to stream the show

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 iwatchthecorps

iwatchthecorps

• PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 05:14 PM

Does anyone know where to go on the web to stream the BBC TV series, Agony and Ecstasy: A Year with English National Ballet from the US? http://www.bbc.co.uk...rammes/b00zfty5

#2 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 10:52 PM

Quite possibly, it isn't available anywhere outside the UK or the EU. Rights may be restricted. :dunno:

#3 iwatchthecorps

iwatchthecorps

• PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 07:07 AM

I have seen a number of sites that sell access to bbc on the internet. The problem is that I cannot tell if they are legitimate or not. Hopefully some of our Ballet Alert colleagues are aware of the best service to use (if it exists).

#4 Lidewij

Lidewij

• PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 08:35 AM

I'm in Belgium and cannot watch it, I think it is for UK viewers only..

#5 Nanarina

Nanarina

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 04:09 PM

Try getting onto the bbc.co.uk Site on the Internet, then click on their IPlayer and you may be able to access the programme. I have been able to take the action to get into the French channels.

#6 PeggyR

PeggyR

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 09:34 PM

Try getting onto the bbc.co.uk Site on the Internet, then click on their IPlayer and you may be able to access the programme. I have been able to take the action to get into the French channels.

Just tried it here in California and got the message "not available in your area".

#7 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 11:01 PM

It may only make you want to see more, but here's a snippet from a Swan Lake.rehearsal and a snippet from a Romeo and Juliet rehearsal.

#8 ksk04

ksk04

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 12:27 PM

It may only make you want to see more, but here's a snippet from a Swan Lake.rehearsal and a snippet from a Romeo and Juliet rehearsal.

Well Derek Deane is his usual, charming self. :icon8:

#9 Nanarina

Nanarina

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 11:40 AM

#10 Nanarina

Nanarina

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 11:48 AM

:dunno: Do you mean "a bolshy Prima Donna" Who has little respect for his Dancers, or knows how to speak to them. I was really appalled by his attitude.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):