This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

BBC Agony and EcstasyHow to stream the show

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 iwatchthecorps

iwatchthecorps

• PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 05:14 PM

Does anyone know where to go on the web to stream the BBC TV series, Agony and Ecstasy: A Year with English National Ballet from the US? http://www.bbc.co.uk...rammes/b00zfty5

#2 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 10:52 PM

Quite possibly, it isn't available anywhere outside the UK or the EU. Rights may be restricted. :dunno:

#3 iwatchthecorps

iwatchthecorps

• PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 07:07 AM

I have seen a number of sites that sell access to bbc on the internet. The problem is that I cannot tell if they are legitimate or not. Hopefully some of our Ballet Alert colleagues are aware of the best service to use (if it exists).

#4 Lidewij

Lidewij

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 08:35 AM

I'm in Belgium and cannot watch it, I think it is for UK viewers only..

#5 Nanarina

Nanarina

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 04:09 PM

Try getting onto the bbc.co.uk Site on the Internet, then click on their IPlayer and you may be able to access the programme. I have been able to take the action to get into the French channels.

#6 PeggyR

PeggyR

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 09:34 PM

Try getting onto the bbc.co.uk Site on the Internet, then click on their IPlayer and you may be able to access the programme. I have been able to take the action to get into the French channels.

Just tried it here in California and got the message "not available in your area".

#7 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 11:01 PM

It may only make you want to see more, but here's a snippet from a Swan Lake.rehearsal and a snippet from a Romeo and Juliet rehearsal.

#8 ksk04

ksk04

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 12:27 PM

It may only make you want to see more, but here's a snippet from a Swan Lake.rehearsal and a snippet from a Romeo and Juliet rehearsal.

Well Derek Deane is his usual, charming self. :icon8:

#9 Nanarina

Nanarina

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 11:40 AM

#10 Nanarina

Nanarina

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 11:48 AM

:dunno: Do you mean "a bolshy Prima Donna" Who has little respect for his Dancers, or knows how to speak to them. I was really appalled by his attitude.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):