POB Headed to NYC in 2012

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#46 silvermash

silvermash

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:22 PM

Well casting has been revised due to major injuries.
Mathias Heymann has a stress fracture and withdrew from all his commitments until next season.
Ludmila Pagliero injured during Manon's rehearsals seems to be out for the tour, although I hope she will be able to dance in Orpheus and Eurydice in New York?
Agnès Letestu and Benjamin Pech both sustained injuries in April. They are probably not well enough for Giselle but might be for less physically demanding roles especially since New York is later in the tour.
I'm much surprised Laëtitia Pujol Posted Image has completely disappeared

#47 mussel

mussel

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:19 PM

Lincoln Center Festival POB trailers

#48 mussel

mussel

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:22 PM

http://youtu.be/gYChVOvjzL8

http://youtu.be/MoJ3lV27Bys

#49 Amy Reusch

Amy Reusch

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:52 PM

Because we have the Rockettes?

#50 mussel

mussel

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:00 AM

Package discounts, BOGO or 25% off, are now available for all 3 POB programs: http://lincolncenter...stival-packages

#51 Nanarina

Nanarina

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 02:10 AM

POB experts, who are from POB are must see, and whom to avoid. Thanks

Definatly Aurelie Dupont, Josua Hoffalt, Nicholas Le Riche Clairemarie Osta, Ludmila Pagliero, Jeremie Belingard, Isabella Ciarvola,Mathias Heymann, Matilde Frostey, Karl Paquette. Marie Agnes Gillot. (Must See) ENJOY.

#52 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,388 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:55 AM

An 'alternate answer' to YID's query:

Hmmm...not sure that I would want to see one of the near-retirement dancers in the leads. I'd go for Dorothee Gilbert's Giselle or Ganio's Albrecht. My only Giselle in DC will be tonight's 3rd performance at the Kennedy Center. Yes, it stars one of the 'veteran Giselles' - Dupont - but opposite Ganio's Albrecht and the new 'young couple of choice,' Heloise Bourdon and Axel Ibot, in Peasant pdd. Dupont seems to have maintained her facility after 22 yrs on the roster, e.g., her Psyche last fall was fantastic; Osta so-so. Gillot is one of the best Myrtas ever, even though she, too, is in 'upper 30s.' Let's see how they do tonight.

This seems to be a grand tour of the etoiles who graduated in the 1988-1990 period (LeRiche, Dupont, Osta, Ciaravola, Gillot). Artistry over technical facility....not always a bad thing. Posted Image

#53 angelica

angelica

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:07 AM

I haven't seen most of these dancers, but Gillot is a must-see as Myrtha. You'll gasp as she comes tearing out of the wings. I've seen Giselle a gazillion times and she is Myrtha come to life as never before.

#54 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,997 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:38 AM

There's a new thread to discuss Paris Opera Ballet at the Kennedy Center:

http://balletalert.i...nter-july-2012/

#55 mussel

mussel

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:13 PM

Playbills for 2 of the programs, with dancer bios and complete casting (including corps), for the Lincoln Center season are available for PDF download:

20th Century French Masters

Giselle

#56 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,388 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:38 AM

Playbills for 2 of the programs, with dancer bios and complete casting (including corps), for the Lincoln Center season are available for PDF download:

Giselle

Thank you, mussell. Big change. Hey, hey, hey...the 'super Peasant PDD couple' from the Washington, DC performances is now on tap for two of the Giselles in NYC: Heloise Bourdon and "my" Axel Ibot!!!!!! July 14 @ 2pm and July 18 @ 8pm. Not-to-be-missed.

#57 mussel

mussel

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:44 AM

Giselle

Thank you, mussell. Big change. Hey, hey, hey...the 'super Peasant PDD couple' from the Washington, DC performances is now on tap for two of the Giselles in NYC: Heloise Bourdon and "my" Axel Ibot!!!!!! July 14 @ 2pm and July 18 @ 8pm. Not-to-be-missed.

The casting posted on Lincoln Center website and the one on the playbills are different. Your Ibot is on the playbills but not on the website, so I don't know which one to believe. I just keep my fingers crossed the casting on the playbills are accurate.

#58 silvermash

silvermash

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:50 AM

Up til now, yes. The casting on the web site is the old one before injuries happened...

#59 cinnamonswirl

cinnamonswirl

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:31 PM

Great interview with Aurélie Dupont by Gia Kourlas in Time Out New York: http://www.timeout.c...-shining-etoile

I cannot believe ABT turned her down as a guest! WTF! Ok, maybe not for Onegin (not Dupont's best role IMO), but good grief, get her to guest in another role! What is Kevin McKenzie thinking?

#60 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:50 PM

[size=4]As a practical matter, I think ABT is not looking to hire someone who is 39 years old, even if it is for only one ballet. McKenzie seems interested in trying out new talent at ABT where there is a potential for a long term relationship with the company if things work out. I understand that he took on Kobborg, who is no youngster, but that seems to have been part of a package deal to get Cojocaru.Is it customary for a dancer to contact an artistic director to arange a one time guest appearance? That seems like a very bold (crass) move on her part.[/size]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):