This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

ABT To Return To City Center

Only 8 days alas!
Alas, not even. Six days, including two matinees.

I guess they figure that their BAM Nutcrackers will compensate. I expect to take at least one trip to Brooklyn, but I'd much rather have at least a second week of mixed repertory programs.

Only 8 days alas!
Alas, not even. Six days, including two matinees.

I guess they figure that their BAM Nutcrackers will compensate. I expect to take at least one trip to Brooklyn, but I'd much rather have at least a second week of mixed repertory programs.

Me too! And I wish it was for this fall, but the announcement is for Nov 2012! But it's better than no City Center season at all. Hopefully the performances will sell well and the season will expand a bit more the following year.

I didn't even notice that the article was referring to dates in 2012. I just assumed it was for 2011. 2012 is way too far in the future to get excited.

I must be missing something - I've read that New York Times article twice now and don't see any reference to 2012 -it says "this fall." Are you referring to another article?

I didn't even notice that the article was referring to dates in 2012. I just assumed it was for 2011. 2012 is way too far in the future to get excited.

I must be missing something - I've read that New York Times article twice now and don't see any reference to 2012 -it says "this fall." Are you referring to another article?

Hi Kristen. An earlier version of the article on the Times website had the dates as Nove 8-13, 2012. The article was corrected this afternoon to remove the 2012 reference. A sentence explaining the correction states that the Times incorrectly reported the dates initially because ABT provided incorrect information. So, the bottom line is, our posts here on Ballet Talk about 2012 must have awakened someone at the ABT publicity office who goofed and gave the Times the wrong year. We will see them in 2011 at City Center. Yeah.