This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

ABT To Return To City Center

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 06:58 PM

From the NY Times

http://artsbeat.blog...enter/?ref=arts

#2 Amy Reusch

Amy Reusch

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 07:03 PM

Only 8 days alas!

#3 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 07:20 PM

Only 8 days alas!

Alas, not even. Six days, including two matinees.

I guess they figure that their BAM Nutcrackers will compensate. I expect to take at least one trip to Brooklyn, but I'd much rather have at least a second week of mixed repertory programs.

#4 richard53dog

richard53dog

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 06:36 AM

Only 8 days alas!

Alas, not even. Six days, including two matinees.

I guess they figure that their BAM Nutcrackers will compensate. I expect to take at least one trip to Brooklyn, but I'd much rather have at least a second week of mixed repertory programs.

Me too! And I wish it was for this fall, but the announcement is for Nov 2012! But it's better than no City Center season at all. Hopefully the performances will sell well and the season will expand a bit more the following year.

#5 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 09:41 AM

I didn't even notice that the article was referring to dates in 2012. I just assumed it was for 2011. 2012 is way too far in the future to get excited.

#6 Kristen

Kristen

• PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 12:07 PM

I didn't even notice that the article was referring to dates in 2012. I just assumed it was for 2011. 2012 is way too far in the future to get excited.

I must be missing something - I've read that New York Times article twice now and don't see any reference to 2012 -it says "this fall." Are you referring to another article?

#7 abatt

abatt

Sapphire Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 12:41 PM

I must be missing something - I've read that New York Times article twice now and don't see any reference to 2012 -it says "this fall." Are you referring to another article?

Hi Kristen. An earlier version of the article on the Times website had the dates as Nove 8-13, 2012. The article was corrected this afternoon to remove the 2012 reference. A sentence explaining the correction states that the Times incorrectly reported the dates initially because ABT provided incorrect information. So, the bottom line is, our posts here on Ballet Talk about 2012 must have awakened someone at the ABT publicity office who goofed and gave the Times the wrong year. We will see them in 2011 at City Center. Yeah.

#8 richard53dog

richard53dog

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 04:28 PM

We will see them in 2011 at City Center. Yeah.

Good news indeed!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):