This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

updates

have been out of contact for the last couple of months but I am looking forward to restarting my communication with everyone again.

On December 15, 2010 I suffered a stroke which primarily affected my speech/language and my left arm and leg. I returned home on February 22, 2011 from an inpatient hospital acute rehabilitation program (after initial inpatient hospitalization and then sub-acute rehabilitation in different locations).

I have been participating in physical, occupational and speech/ therapies since the end of December. We are told that the progress I have made in these last two months indicates further recovery over the next six months to a year.

I can walk now with a cane (or a walker for longer distances) and I can use my left hand/arm to about 80% of my ability previous to stroke…..

We missed the trip we had planned to Paris, to see two Swan Lakes in Bastille and a performance of Pina Baush's 'Sacre' in Garnier due to my hospital stays.

Oh well….

For the next few months I will continue my intensive physical and speech therapies, with the goal of attending the reconstruction of Raymonda at La Scala in Milan…….

from John ('chiapuris')

John, I was wondering about you! (I was even thinking that perhaps I'd see you and Camilla in Ottawa...was definitely thinking about you.) I am so very sorry to hear what has happened but so heartened to read about the progress of your therapy. Vadim & I will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Raymonda in Milan is a wonderful goal. "La Scala or Bust"!