• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 chiapuris

chiapuris

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 08:10 AM

have been out of contact for the last couple of months but I am looking forward to restarting my communication with everyone again.
On December 15, 2010 I suffered a stroke which primarily affected my speech/language and my left arm and leg. I returned home on February 22, 2011 from an inpatient hospital acute rehabilitation program (after initial inpatient hospitalization and then sub-acute rehabilitation in different locations).
I have been participating in physical, occupational and speech/ therapies since the end of December. We are told that the progress I have made in these last two months indicates further recovery over the next six months to a year.
I can walk now with a cane (or a walker for longer distances) and I can use my left hand/arm to about 80% of my ability previous to stroke…..
We missed the trip we had planned to Paris, to see two Swan Lakes in Bastille and a performance of Pina Baush's 'Sacre' in Garnier due to my hospital stays.
Oh well….
For the next few months I will continue my intensive physical and speech therapies, with the goal of attending the reconstruction of Raymonda at La Scala in Milan…….
from John ('chiapuris')

#2 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,396 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 08:27 AM

John, I was wondering about you! (I was even thinking that perhaps I'd see you and Camilla in Ottawa...was definitely thinking about you.) I am so very sorry to hear what has happened but so heartened to read about the progress of your therapy. Vadim & I will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Raymonda in Milan is a wonderful goal. "La Scala or Bust"!

#3 atm711

atm711

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 08:31 AM

Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us and, with you, look forward to your recovery. Raymonda is a wonderful goal. :thumbsup:

#4 Dale

Dale

Emeralds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 09:52 AM

We missed you. Good luck on your rehab and I hope you get to go to Raymonda.

#5 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 11:44 AM

Let me also chime in with my wishes that your recovery continues as well as it has so far. Thank you for sharing this bad-to-better news. :flowers:

#6 bart

bart

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • 7,320 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 05:28 AM

It's good to have you back. I've missed your voice and experience.

#7 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• 5,250 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 09:19 AM

Overcoming an stroke is a progressive, hard journey, so I really admire your courage and desire to do so. My congrats to you and all those who had been part of your recovery process!!! :clapping:

WELCOME BACK! :flowers:

#8 chiapuris

chiapuris

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 10:52 AM

Overcoming an stroke is a progressive, hard journey, so I really admire your courage and desire to do so. My congrats to you and all those who had been part of your recovery process!!! :clapping:

WELCOME BACK! :flowers:

Thanks, Cristian!

#9 Buddy

Buddy

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 08:09 AM

I'll miss you both very much in Saint Petersburg for the Festival. It's never the same without you.

Next year and no excuses ! ( Big Warm Smile Intended ! )

Buddy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):