This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

What took me so long to join, I don't know!

little-junkie

Hi everyone,

I just joined this forum yesterday. I'll introduce myself starting with my ballet background. I start studying ballet when I was 11. First it was a pass time activity my parents tried to keep me and my sister active and occupied over the weekend. Then I got very serious about the dance, the movements, the ballets and everything related to it when I was about 13 or 14, and was absolutely passionate about dancing, and I've been hooked ever since. After I was 16, I took lessons on and off but never really stopped thinking about it. Then the passion manifested itself into an obsession. I started to analyze the stories and the characters behind each ballet, compared the style of each (well) known dancers, borrowed all the books I could get a hold on in the library, looked up all the out of print publications, recorded performances, interviews, video clips (youtube couldn't come at a better time!) for any clue or information I couldn't get in general, all the how and when and where and what and why...

So this forum is great, and as stated in the topic title, I have no idea why I didn't join sooner...but I'm glad I'm here. :)