This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Daniil Simkin

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 Drew

Drew

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:12 PM

Drew, I hope you're wrong about Simkin still looking too slight. We'll see on Wednesday. I certainly wish him the best and, of course, 'his best' would benefit dear Isabella in her own debut. I have a crazy feeling that their pairing will yield some unexpected surprises.

Very much hoping so!

#17 Birdsall

Birdsall

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:46 AM

When he did do the Bronze Idol in Bayadere he looked very thin but danced wonderfully. He looked like a little doll though, and that works for the Bronze Idol (looked like a statue instead of a human). Please report how he does....he deserves leading roles b/c he's talented, but his look might hold him back. Hope not!

#18 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,401 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:33 AM

Well, 'The Kid' became The Man yesterday, in his Swan Lake debut. Kudos and tons of RESPECT to Danil' Simkin. That was extraordinary...not matter how young he looked. He gave the role of Siegfried a totally new twist and made it work for him. I had hoped for the best but honestly didn't expect to see what I saw.

#19 Birdsall

Birdsall

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:48 AM

Well, 'The Kid' became The Man yesterday, in his Swan Lake debut. Kudos and tons of RESPECT to Danil' Simkin. That was extraordinary...not matter how young he looked. He gave the role of Siegfried a totally new twist and made it work for him. I had hoped for the best but honestly didn't expect to see what I saw.

Great to hear! Hope he dances it next season again. Maybe I can catch it then! This is very heartening news!

#20 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,349 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:36 AM

Simkin retweeted the following post with a wonderful photo portrait:

https://twitter.com/...192216876638208

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):