This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

New documentary about the Royal Danish Ballet in Danish television

It was surprising to me that they held the "difficult" conversations in English. I couldn't quite follow but I gather one of the students ended up in Hamburg? ( It was still a little confusing, not knowing the language.)

You are rigth Johanne went to Hamborg and she is very happy to be there.

Jane, thank you for posting these links. I enjoyed the 2 parts very much. I only wish that I could have understood much more of what was said; especially by Mr. Hubbe who has such an expressive face. This really now whets my appetite for the RDB visit to NYC in June. I received tickets in the mail this week!

Eva Kistrup's latest blog article for DanceView Times gives some insight into what Hubbe was saying in these documentaries, and also talks about his latest initiative, a series of programmes on the stage of the Theatre Royal designed to intrigue younger audiences by bringing in artists from other disciplines as well as some of his own dancers.

Another of Hubbe's ideas, the Dans2Go 'taster' programme which combines Serenade, Jorma Elo's Jord and a classical pas de deux has sold out for the rest of its run (at low prices throughout the house). The test, of course, is whether the interest generated will translate into better sales for the 'normal' repertory programmes - let's hope so, as the company, like so many others, is under huge financial pressure.