This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Accompanist Oleg Moston killed on highway

So very sad to pass on news of loss of Oleg Moston.

I remember his enthusiastic playing from the 1980s, primarily at NY Conservatory of Dance, but also elsewhere... he always gave us a strong & compelling rhythm to dance to... and was such a bright and positive energy behind the piano. I remember my husband shooting him playing something for some program on the piano museum in NY... so many years ago now... will have to see if what I can find, if we have archival footage anywhere.

http://www.fox23news.com/mostpopular/story/Man-killed-on-Northway-grandfather-of-boy-shot/HNkPtW2Rz0mZ2Hs6gyg0kQ.cspx

Accompanist - joined the Skidmore faculty as a department assistant in 2005. Oleg started to play the piano at the age of 14, after World War II. In 1957 he graduated from the Moscow Conservatory and was invited to the Moscow Philharmonic Society as a pianist, soloist, and accompanist. He worked 22 years touring all over the former Soviet Union, performing in big cities and small towns. In 1979 Oleg, with his whole family, emigrated to the USA and for 26 years played in New York. He was a principal pianist for different ballet companies (Joffrey, Alvin Ailey, ABT), played for Columbia University (The Barnard College), NYU (Tisch School of the Arts), Marymount Manhattan College, NY Conservatory of Dance, Ballet Hispanico, and Ballet Academy East. Since 1983 he is the principal pianist for NY International competitions. He now plays for Skidmore College in Saratoga and the Glens Falls Ballet and Dance Center in Queensbury.