This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Emerging Pictures - Ballet in Cinema

I wonder if anyone has been to see a live broadcast of ballet through the Emerging Pictures Ballet in Cinema program. The broadcasts feature outstanding European companies. I hope to organize a ballet academy "field trip" of sorts, but given the date of the live Bolshoi performance- the theater is not yet posting the presentation time or ticket prices. I feel silly asking, but is it correct to think the performance would begin around 8pm in Moscow, and I can judge start time here in Minnesota accordingly?

Thanks!

I wonder if anyone has been to see a live broadcast of ballet through the Emerging Pictures Ballet in Cinema program. The broadcasts feature outstanding European companies. I hope to organize a ballet academy "field trip" of sorts, but given the date of the live Bolshoi performance- the theater is not yet posting the presentation time or ticket prices. I feel silly asking, but is it correct to think the performance would begin around 8pm in Moscow, and I can judge start time here in Minnesota accordingly?

Thanks!

The Carmike theater in Champaign-Urbana (schedule here: http://www.carmike.com/ballet.aspx) shows the performances live (with one encore) and has the RB Giselle beginning at 1:30 PM CST and the Bolshoi Don Q at 10 AM EST.

Thanks!

The Carmike theater in Champaign-Urbana (schedule here: http://www.carmike.com/ballet.aspx) shows the performances live (with one encore) and has the RB Giselle beginning at 1:30 PM CST and the Bolshoi Don Q at 10 AM EST.

Thank you! So that means that January 23rd Bolshoi class performance and Giselle will probably start pretty early in the day when live. That will be a nice way to start a day.