This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Emerging Pictures - Ballet in Cinema

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 wallis

wallis

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 03:15 PM

I wonder if anyone has been to see a live broadcast of ballet through the Emerging Pictures Ballet in Cinema program. The broadcasts feature outstanding European companies. I hope to organize a ballet academy "field trip" of sorts, but given the date of the live Bolshoi performance- the theater is not yet posting the presentation time or ticket prices. I feel silly asking, but is it correct to think the performance would begin around 8pm in Moscow, and I can judge start time here in Minnesota accordingly?

Thanks!

#2 emilienne

emilienne

• PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 04:07 PM

I wonder if anyone has been to see a live broadcast of ballet through the Emerging Pictures Ballet in Cinema program. The broadcasts feature outstanding European companies. I hope to organize a ballet academy "field trip" of sorts, but given the date of the live Bolshoi performance- the theater is not yet posting the presentation time or ticket prices. I feel silly asking, but is it correct to think the performance would begin around 8pm in Moscow, and I can judge start time here in Minnesota accordingly?

Thanks!

The Carmike theater in Champaign-Urbana (schedule here: http://www.carmike.com/ballet.aspx) shows the performances live (with one encore) and has the RB Giselle beginning at 1:30 PM CST and the Bolshoi Don Q at 10 AM EST.

#3 wallis

wallis

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 06:46 PM

Thanks!

The Carmike theater in Champaign-Urbana (schedule here: http://www.carmike.com/ballet.aspx) shows the performances live (with one encore) and has the RB Giselle beginning at 1:30 PM CST and the Bolshoi Don Q at 10 AM EST.

Thank you! So that means that January 23rd Bolshoi class performance and Giselle will probably start pretty early in the day when live. That will be a nice way to start a day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):