This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Emerging Pictures - Ballet in Cinema

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 wallis

wallis

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 03:15 PM

I wonder if anyone has been to see a live broadcast of ballet through the Emerging Pictures Ballet in Cinema program. The broadcasts feature outstanding European companies. I hope to organize a ballet academy "field trip" of sorts, but given the date of the live Bolshoi performance- the theater is not yet posting the presentation time or ticket prices. I feel silly asking, but is it correct to think the performance would begin around 8pm in Moscow, and I can judge start time here in Minnesota accordingly?

Thanks!

#2 emilienne

emilienne

• PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 04:07 PM

I wonder if anyone has been to see a live broadcast of ballet through the Emerging Pictures Ballet in Cinema program. The broadcasts feature outstanding European companies. I hope to organize a ballet academy "field trip" of sorts, but given the date of the live Bolshoi performance- the theater is not yet posting the presentation time or ticket prices. I feel silly asking, but is it correct to think the performance would begin around 8pm in Moscow, and I can judge start time here in Minnesota accordingly?

Thanks!

The Carmike theater in Champaign-Urbana (schedule here: http://www.carmike.com/ballet.aspx) shows the performances live (with one encore) and has the RB Giselle beginning at 1:30 PM CST and the Bolshoi Don Q at 10 AM EST.

#3 wallis

wallis

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 06:46 PM

Thanks!

The Carmike theater in Champaign-Urbana (schedule here: http://www.carmike.com/ballet.aspx) shows the performances live (with one encore) and has the RB Giselle beginning at 1:30 PM CST and the Bolshoi Don Q at 10 AM EST.

Thank you! So that means that January 23rd Bolshoi class performance and Giselle will probably start pretty early in the day when live. That will be a nice way to start a day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):