This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

SFB Promotions for 2011

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 PeggyR

PeggyR

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 10:33 AM

San Francisco Ballet - Promotions effective 1/5/11

Iíve read the ĎRulesí and think itís OK to post this, since the announcement is on SFBís official Facebook Wall (whatever that is; just figured out Twitter; havenít quite gotten the hang of Facebook yet :unsure: ). My apologies if I misread and this is an illegal post. Of course, please delete if it is.

Three very, very well deserved promotions from corps de ballet to soloist, effective January 5, 2011:

Courtney Elizabeth
Daniel Deivison-Oliveira (Here's a link to an Artist Spotlight interview with Deivison-Oliveira - select the Artist Spotlight tab and scroll down. Frankly, I don't think the videos here do him justice; he has a beautiful movement quality that doesn't really show up in these clips.)
Isaac HernŠndez

All three are still listed under the Corps de Ballet, so check back for full soloist bios at a later date.

Congratulations to all. :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

#2 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,345 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 10:44 AM

Any official company Facebook page is an official source. Dancers' public pages, where you have to click "like" to get updates, are also official. (What aren't are personal pages where you have to actually request to be someone's friend.)

I think everyone should be able to see the SFB company FB page with the announcement:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/sfballet

Thank you for posting such wonderful news, and :flowers: to Ms. Elizabeth, Mr. Deivison-Oliveira, and Mr. Hernandez.

#3 Balleroger

Balleroger

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 09:21 PM

What a beautiful, and well deserved, Christmas present for these talented dancers. I only hope that Clara Blanco also joins this list.

#4 PeggyR

PeggyR

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 07:46 AM

A short blog post by SFB Ballet Master Ricardo Bustamante about the newly promoted soloists. Not much information, but the pictures are nice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):